Thread: brenda mine / behind peachland

1. #1 brenda mine / behind peachland 
    hey! Glad to be back!

I joined this site when it first started but then didnt have the internet for a year, but now we moved into a new place and im able to pick up someones wireless signal so hopefully ill be able to surf more often and join in on and post some trips as long as they dont get wise and put a password on.

Anyways this last weekend I found myself with a day to myself so i took a drive up to the brenda mine to see what was up there...

well there was a big waste pond

and everything else was fenced off. (not well mind you but i didnt want to go in alone)

climbed up a bit higher to try and get a view, you can see some cement silo type things and there was a few cement buildings in there.

then took some forestry roads up to the coquihalla. very nice alpine driving

purty flowers

then I turned around and headed down into the valley to the headwater lakes and thought id take a side road to summerland - princeton road

old cabin along the way

wood stove inside

old dam on the summerland princeton road

played around on the hills above faulder.

two tracks in clay in sagebrush is some of my favorite wheeling.

then it was time to head back and hit the lake for a swim. hehe. not an epic adventure but hopefully one is comming. want to do an arrow lakes, lardeau, duncan river valley trip in a few weeks
    but have a 6 months pregnant wife so may be tricky to pull off...

thx for reading

Very nice pictures,i have always wanted to explore Brenda mines.The "old dam" you mentioned,Its only 2 years old.

nice little drive looks like, I'd love to spend a night in the old cabin, looks good for telling ghost stories and scaring kids

Quote Originally Posted by shancerlelby View Post
    nice little drive looks like, I'd love to spend a night in the old cabin, looks good for telling ghost stories and scaring kids
    ...or to keep in the back of your memory, quick shelter when the world goes to shht and you need a quick shelter to escape to. Just saying.. LR

the dam wasnt letting any water through and there was a creek flowing beside it so I thought it was obsolete! kind of looked like archaic engineering all rounded and such...

the cabin wasnt that inviting...

but for zombie apocolypse?? who knows?

It has potential for sure. LR