Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom RTT rack for my D2

Default Custom RTT rack for my D2

So, here is a pic of the custom rack in production at Rover Rack's in FL for my D2. Should be all ready for shipping by the end of the week.... and on my truck very soon.

Finally be able to get the Autohome Overzone out it's box & installed.... and hit the woods for a well deserved holiday

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherSide View Post
    Looks pretty serious... I'm guessing it curves downwards as some roof protection and they're still making a rear basket for it?
    The rear has no basket as it'll have the RTT in summer and maybe a ski/snowboard box in winter. Will see how that goes as I'll prob make a board rack to hang off the back spare tire as we only live 5mins from the ski resort. The rack is designed to follow the roof line but still allow the sunroofs to open. They do a low version too but you loose the sunroofs opening. As the truck already is almost 7' at it's highest point saving the 3" wasn't worth it.

Here is a link to their websites D2 page :

http://www.roverracks.com/DIIVR.htm

Thats gunna be a nice addition to the Disco!

Thx...

Am working on installing the new Greg Davis rear bumper at present. Should look like this once it's done.

Here is how it looks off the truck, mine will have LED reversing lamps instead of stop/turn ones.

It does need quite a bit of fitting time as you have to cut about 7" off the bottom of the rear quarter panels for the sliders sections and they come seperate (to save shipping costs) & need welding on once the body has been trimmed, then it's off for powder coating.

Will also need to fab up some mud flap mounts to cover all the additional rear tire exposure too.

Good choice on picking the reverse lights over stop/turn lights!!!

That should look great once installed!!

Quote Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
    Good choice on picking the reverse lights over stop/turn lights!!!

That should look great once installed!!
    It did mean swapping out the tail lights for 03/04MY ones but the overall improvement is worth it.... double hit.... better back-up lights & indicators where other drivers can see them (not in the rear bumper). Last bits to tidy on it tonight, make the loom for the lights & off to paint tomorrow.

Are you getting powder coating done?

I thought I would be able to get away with cleaning up the metal on my bumper, then hitting it with lots of layers of primer and top coat and I would be fine....wrong as soon as winter hit I was having rust problems.... now I am going to be making some adjustments to my bumper set up then sent it off to powder coating and do things the right way!

Were did you get the white LED back up lights? I have been looking for some but all the places I go only have the red turn,tail, brake LED's. I plan on doing the same to my bumper, the tire will block the factory back up lights.
    97 Lexus LX450

Coastal Cruisers
    4WDABC

VA7NQY

"The only thing that is more unsettling than catching your mechanic doing a crappy job is remembering that you are the mechanic.."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Were did you get the white LED back up lights? I have been looking for some but all the places I go only have the red turn,tail, brake LED's. I plan on doing the same to my bumper, the tire will block the factory back up lights.
    I have seen them at Princess Auto before...

Quote Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
    I have seen them at Princess Auto before...
    Yeah I looked there they are clear cases and red LED's at the local PA.
    97 Lexus LX450

Coastal Cruisers
    4WDABC

VA7NQY

"The only thing that is more unsettling than catching your mechanic doing a crappy job is remembering that you are the mechanic.."