Thread: 4runner Front & Rear bumper

Default 4runner Front & Rear bumper

Well after looking at front bumpers and rears (need both) I think I have it narrowed down. I like the look of the Warn but am also looking at making my own to look some what like an ARB. The Warn is nice I can fit a winch with the solenoid attached and that's what the winch I'm looking at has. it dose not have the same kind of grill protection as the ARB but I'm sure I can make something that adds on.

Warn:

The next option is the make my own. I can get a winch mount that bolts on the front of my truck and build from there. http://www.trail-gear.ca/default.cfm...dcategoryid=27 bottom of the page. From that mount I would make two plate grill guards going strait up the sides of the winch mount. Then use 6x2 and cut it to take on the look of a ARB or Warn main body. Once that is done make the brush guard. This would also be made to fit the winch I have lined up an maybe a bit getter as I can make it just the way I want.

The down side to making my own is that I do not have the tools to make it and my welding with my MIG is crap. I would have to get or use some one eases welder.

The Warn is cheap ($550) and seems to work quite well. I would need to mod it a bit to fit with my SAS but I do not think that's a big deal.

Jeremy

Played with Sketchup again last night worked on a front bumper with winch mount.

I want to make the front resemble a ARB bumper. I was not able to make the tube headlight and marker protectors but you get the idea.

Jeremy
    97 Lexus LX450

Coastal Cruisers
    4WDABC

VA7NQY

"The only thing that is more unsettling than catching your mechanic doing a crappy job is remembering that you are the mechanic.."

Nice!! I need to play with that program a bit...it'll be good for trailers too.

Did you say trailers??

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherSide View Post
    Did you say trailers??
    LOL let me see what I can do!
    97 Lexus LX450

Coastal Cruisers
    4WDABC

VA7NQY

"The only thing that is more unsettling than catching your mechanic doing a crappy job is remembering that you are the mechanic.."

I finally got my rear bumper done, just needs all its ad on's now. I will post pictures when I have time to sort them out.
    97 Lexus LX450

Coastal Cruisers
    4WDABC

VA7NQY

pull ya finger out

Yeah I'm working on it, busy each night this week working on a friends car.
    97 Lexus LX450

Coastal Cruisers
    4WDABC

VA7NQY