Thread: Greasy Woodsmen 2017 mixtape

OLC Member

Default Greasy Woodsmen 2017 mixtape

Well it looks like summer seems to be winding down, and I will be the first to admit; we weren't as productive as years prior.

Work. Moving. New jobs. Family time. Broken trucks. You need an excuse? We've got 'em in spades. HOWEVER, we did do some stuff. We saw some things, drove up some stuff; Hell, we even met some OLC'ers.

Here is a brief picture heavy accumulation of some of the red hot backroad action we did manage to squeek out.

Rob and I did a 5 day trip up to the Chilcotins for the May long Weekend - Basically up to Williams lake, then exploring out highway 20 all the way out to Chilko, then back down with some sidetrips on the route home. Great fishing, great company, and some breathtaking scenery.

Choelquoit Lake

Chilko Lake

Rob roasting coffee beans over a hollowed out log fire. 100% the best camp coffee we've ever made.

Expended smoke grenade canisters we found on the Chilcotin Military Training area. Chuck was not stoked on how they got left in the lake.

Massive schools of Northern Pikeminnows in a small roadside lake - such a gross fish.

Big BIG male black that did an easy 35kmh in front of my truck for about 4 minutes.

OLC Member

Then on the way back down south, we decided to make a quick trip up the lookout - turns out we timed it PERFECTLY for the mosquito hatch in the Cariboo. We would end up having to drive south of Cache Creek that night to escape them. We had hoped to spend the night, but that would have to wait until next trip.

OLC Member

So the other major group trip we did this year was on Canada day - we did a big loop up through the lower Chilcotins (or as my homie Blove calls them, the "Chillicocos")

We ended up looping the opposite way of Justin and his group - and met up for a night at the base of poison, and then again randomly at Churn Creek.

If you drive China Head this year - you are welcome. We cleared probably close to 80 trees on Canada day, took us 4 hours to go 1.5KM. Luckily for me I'm blessed to have a group of people that don't get bummed out or disheartened; they just keep cutting.

Here is a handful of the pics I took on the weekend - without getting sappy it really was one for the record books. Unreal scenery, great people, and my transfer case didn't grenade like last year.

Also a bunch of pictures of my dog Chuck, because if you made it this far through my threads - you must like dog pictures.

Very nice pcs and the territory is just wow!

thanks!

The poison/china head was my fav of the year for sure, just so nice up there. Great pics

Looks like you got out more than we did this summer! Had a promising start as far as local overlanding but then, like you, we fell into many excuses.

Hopefully going to make up for it by being outside hunting every weekend in September.

good stuff. love the one with the pup in the window.

argh, need my chilcotin fix now ...

Love this, spectacular views