Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have the fires in BC effect your trips?

China Head is already under scrutiny for closure. Go up there now and it might just be the excuse they are looking for to close it for good.
    Be patient, the rain is coming and in a while we can all go out and enjoy it again

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserpilot View Post
    China Head is already under scrutiny for closure. Go up there now and it might just be the excuse they are looking for to close it for good.
    Be patient, the rain is coming and in a while we can all go out and enjoy it again

We were through there over July long weekend. How come it's under scrutiny? I know the alpine clossure thing, and sticking to the existing road. Was there people going off track or something? everthing seemed good up there.

Quote Originally Posted by wjustin View Post
    We were through there over July long weekend. How come it's under scrutiny? I know the alpine clossure thing, and sticking to the existing road. Was there people going off track or something? everthing seemed good up there.
    My understanding was it was part of the alpine closure area and it was being targeted for that. I hope not, I really want to get back up there. It's just everyone is being very sensitive now
    because of the fires, best not to 'kick the hornets nest'.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserpilot View Post
    My understanding was it was part of the alpine closure area and it was being targeted for that. I hope not, I really want to get back up there. It's just everyone is being very sensitive now
    because of the fires, best not to 'kick the hornets nest'.

Yeah for sure right now wouldn't be a good idea. But they make it such a grey area for china head. Some people say you can't go, others say you can. Reading it says your good to go as long as your on the existing road.
    W