Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tatra T-815 VT 8x8

OLC Member

Default Tatra T-815 VT 8x8

I'm on a few forums but this doesn't look easy to post pics. One of the rule lines says I cannot post attachments. So how do I post pics?
    Last edited by 8x8; 06-22-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Hello and welcome !

IDK the deal with attachments but Uriedog might be right about first requiring a min number of posts. There was a "how to post pics" tread in rules and regs once but it seems gone now. Basically: upload your pics to a photo sharing site and insert the given url or direct image code into your post using the insert image tool/icon. I can't recommend photobucket because I'm currently locked out of my acct etc but there are many other similar free hosting options.

Or, if you already have a pic on another forum you might just be able to copy it's image location and post on here as an image or as a link.

HTH, David

OLC Member

Thanks...it's a bit convoluted but I'll try the link to other forums thing. I don't subscribe to any image sharing sites yet. I guess I should join the 21st century.

OLC Member

Okay , now to learn German ... just kidding

I found this pic online and posted it by the following steps using a laptop ...

- find your pic and copy the image location (with a mouse place cursor over it, right click and choose "copy image location" ) ,that should save the url address
    - on this forum in the reply window click on "insert image" icon and in the pop up window that appears paste the url which should look like ... https://i.cbc.ca/1.2176427.1382505594!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/original_300/ahsvs. j p g ... without the spaces between j p g

That would be pretty much what you did with the Allrad forum link only using a pic from inside that forum and the insert image function. It may not work but just putting it out there because you are trying and we appreciate that !

This board doesn't have a lot of traffic but it's membership is a decent,inclusive group that welcomes new people.

OLC Member

Thanks klahanie, Yes I'm on a Mac so it's just just copy and paste. It could also be that I'm using Chrome browser. But learning German is a must for owning a Unimog. As far as Tatra....Czech is a fairly difficult language for me. Took me a while to find out 'Yes' is Ano...which sounds like NO...very confusing. That's a new armoured 8x8. Mine is an old gal. 1985 ...softshell...and made in the former Czechoslovakia...which is now Czech Republic. Same city tho': Koprivnice (prounounced copzheneetzeh). 3rd. oldest car company in the world afaik. But they only make trucks and streetcars now I think. OK...got it..you are a GENIUS.
    There is a future for YOU in I.T.!

The idea of right click is real foreign to me!

Now the pics have gone. Standing by.

Last edited by 8x8; 06-22-2017 at 07:07 PM. Reason: threw in a Unimog

I had to look up what a Tatra was.... where on earth do you park such a piece of machinery?

OLC Member

We used these ones when I was in the army. Pulled 76mm and 120mm cannons with them.

http://www.offroadvehicle.ru/AZBUCAR..._813_KOLOS.jpg

These things never needed a winch, they would go thru everything in their way. They would ford 2m deep waters like nothing. Awsome machines.
    Last edited by jeep670; 06-28-2017 at 07:56 PM.

OLC Member

Quote Originally Posted by MatS View Post
    I had to look up what a Tatra was.... where on earth do you park such a piece of machinery?
    Hey there, It's all relative I suppose...She is just over 30' so yes bigger than a parking spot. The one pictured in the link by jeep670 is the previous model-the T-813. The axles are tighter in the middle and the motor sits forward in the cab with a doghouse. I tried posting pics but I ended up wasting too much time trying. The T-815 VT has the motor to the rear of the 6 man cabin. The front has air seats for driver and co-driver at extreme right. There is a 2 man bench between them. It sits 4 people across the front with a flat floor in front...it is a cabover. The rear seats if I'm travelling I leave in the bed position. I try to keep mine a bit original so the back wall in the cab has the NCB some say NBC (nuclear chemical biological) filtration unit. It connects to Czech issue gas masks and was probably cutting edge in the Eastern Block in 1985. It's basically a fan and a filter. I think a Hoover vacuum from the 70's might give better survivability lol. The motor on the 815VT is 19 litre V12 as opposed to the 813 which I think came with a 17.6 litre V-12 motor. It's got an engine driven self recovery winch which can be routed both forward and aft. CTIS is standard on these too. I haven't got it stuck yet but I've got Unimogs stuck a few times so I'm sure I could get her stuck if I tried hard enough. Bring out the D9 then...

OLC Member

19l V12. OMG! How much torque does that monster have?!
    We still want to see your pics.
    Last edited by jeep670; 06-29-2017 at 06:14 AM.