Thread: 8x8 truck...Am I in the wrong Forum?

OLC Member

Default 8x8 truck...Am I in the wrong Forum?

Hey there Overland Canada folk. I'm not sure this forum caters to heavy truck overlanders. I'm near GTA in Ontario. Owner of Unimogs since 1989. Just got back from a 10,000 km trip in my camperised Tatra 8x8. Went to Overland Expo in Flagstaff...then Moab...then up to Alberta, then out to Yukon and Alaska. Thinking about my next trip. Wondering if there is anyone else out there either with a big truck or with smaller rigs planning a trip? Cheers.

A Tatra 8x8!

well first you need to post pics of it, just to make sure it is not a unicorn.

second, welcome to the forum. Big rigs are not the norm here, but they sure are welcome!

OLC Member

Welcome. We need pics of that thing!

OLC Member

Welcome and yes, one of the guys had a unimog on here. I would love to have one.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I think I also remember a M-35 from a while back.

OLC Member

Mogs, Hagglunds..Tatra...The Holy trinity of offroading lol. Well..Let's start off with some Tatra. Not an absolute n00b but the forum she is not letting me post pics..so what's the trick? And thank you all for the welcome!
    Last edited by 8x8; 06-21-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Want to see pics of this rig. Somewhere there is a tutorial. Also you may need a minimum amount of posts to get that option

Fom what I know, we are not able to post pics directly to the forum like we use to do. Forum became free, so it take cash to pays for pics storage. So no more I guess.

OLC Member

Copy that. I have managed to get a few of my scruffy pics on the picture and video thread. I put a pic of one of my mogs there too. Hmmm. the pics disappeared.
    Last edited by 8x8; 06-22-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Bragg Creek, Alberta - west of Calgary in the foothills

Mog owner here in Alberta, although i don't use the Mog much for trips. It get's used mostly to support trail building in the forest reserve and I tend to do most of my overlanding / adventuring in my Jeep JK. There are quite a few Unimog owners out west, but I think your's is the first Tatra I have heard of, I have seen some of the videos of Tatra's participating in european truck trials - their performance looks awesome for a large truck!!