Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toronto - Salt Lake City trough Colorado and Moab.

OLC Member

Also check out BackCountry Navigator. You can cache multiple types of maps including satellite imagery at various detail levels.

OLC Member

I've just installed the Back Country Navigator. It looks really good. And it is actually a pdf map based software but with some extra digital overlayed stuff. Looks good. I'll test it here locally before trip. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Camping shouldn't be a problem. Camping on BLM land is free. National Parks can be free as well, aside from the entrance fee. We just spent two weeks in Death Valley and camped free every night we were in the park. If I remember correctly you need to be 2 miles from a paved road and camp withing 500' of a gravel road, in a spot that has been used before. You want have an outhouse or anything but the remoteness is nice and quite. Official campgrounds in National parks are expensive and crowded. State park campgrounds will vary in price depending on the facilities (bathrooms, showers etc) I think the most I have paid was 25$, most are 10$. Lots of private campgrounds as well, sometimes you can bargain with them, pay less if you arrive late and are leaving early.

Have a great trip!!!

OLC Member

Thanks a lot djo.bike. We're driving trough rockies to Silverstone and being able to camp anywhere in state parks is a great news..

.. More pictures after the trip.

OLC Member

Its been over month since we came back from last US trip.
    This was first and the longest at once we're ever made of this kind. We've made 7400km in 11 days. We went trough ten states - three of them twice and burn about 960L of fuel that came to only 650 cad which gives in effect ~0.68 of a dollar per liter. - how not to go for a road trip in this case!

Enough of numbers. I'll write a some short review from trip in some time but for now having only couple minutes I would like to share couple pictures..

Here was Colorado part.
    Utah is going to be next..
    Last edited by Mikey PL.; 08-09-2017 at 09:48 AM.