Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annnd we're back !

Default Annnd we're back !

Deadly, appreciate the site and your efforts to keep it up.

Cheers, David

OLC Member

Ditto. Thanks

Thanks for your work to keep it alive. What is happening?

Sorry about that brief interruption to service. I got blindsided with a bill from the webhoster and was away from home for a few days and my paypal account is drained due to brown Santa deliveries

For the past two years I have been paying out of pocket to keep the forum going, I don't really mind as it isn't a huge sum of monies. That being said I am thinking of ways to best have it support itself going forward. A bunch of folks had some good ideas on the Facebook page. Seems getting an advertiser (some company within the industry) to be the sponsor for the year is going to be the easiest approach. Selling decals or tshirts is a bit of a pita as I have to buy them then mail them, etc. I prefer not to turn the forum into a giant advertisement type of thing, so I figure one sponsor a year is a decent idea?

I am open minded and would like to hear of any other ideas people may have...having the forum, albeit it isnt crazy active is too me a very cool resource. Over the years it has created a community of sorts of like minded people. I give Kelly much kudos for creating this forum/community. My goal is to keep it alive for many years to come...until I am last person here talking to myself (guess I'll have to create two accounts, lol).

On a side note, any graphic designers out there that would like to create a new logo? Something that can be identified as Canadian and represent overlanding?

Cheers Ted (deadly99)

OLC Member

Thanks for taking the forum on Ted. You shouldn't have to pay for everything. A sponsor would be great. We all need tires at some point. Just a idea.

Glad to see it is back!

Know that it's a good thing you're doing Ted.

fwiw I'm fine with an advertiser (or two). More egalitarian than membership IMO. Last "X O" site I used to frequent went crazy for commerce, spoiled itself really. I'm not worried about that here.

And great to see so many familiar "faces" are back - that they didn't give up says a lot about the group.