Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2003 4th gen 4runner build

Default 2003 4th gen 4runner build (lots of pics!)

Hey guys, here's my build. Currently living in downtown Toronto and park in an underground garage so that limits certain mods. My wife and I will be moving to Ottawa in the summer so that will be great for working and modding the Runner!

Initially bought the Runner to toss all my Army gear in when not in use, but now that I am out of the military, it's turned into a great adventure truck and has taken us as far as the PEI and back with no issues. It's a limited so it's got leather and power everything. Looking forward to this year (2017) as my love for Overlanding has taken off.

Recent photo (minus sliders)

ENGINE
    Doug Thorley shorty headers
    Walker Quiet Flo-SS exhaust with custom side exit
    Custom LC80 Snorkel

SUSPENSION

Icon 2.5 Coilovers (front)
    Bilstein 5100 w/ FJ rear springs w/1.5" Daystar spacer
    Total Chaos UCA's

BRAKES
    *5th gen Upgrade (to be installed)*
    5th gen Stoptech rotors
    5th gen Calipers painted gold
    5th gen Stoptech pads

LIGHTING
    25'' Stealth LED light bar

ARMOR
    Custom Crewfab front bumper
    RCI alum front skid
    RCI Gas tank skid
    Relentless Fab Rock rails

EXTERIOR
    06-09 LED tail light conversion
    CORE-CANADA roof rack (coming soon!)

INTERIOR
    Custom storage drawers (Work In Progress)
    Custom Ipad holder (Otterbox/PROCLIP hybrid)

RIMS/TIRES
    265/70/17 General Grabber AT2 on Toyota Sequoia low offset wheels

NAVIGATION (see post #7)
    Ipad 2nd gen and Garmin GLO
    Otterbox Defender case and PROCLIP vent mount

Initial purchase, November 2013

June 2013.

Didn't take long to get the itch. Picked up Bilstein 5100's and FJ springs all around. This was a good setup but after getting my bumper made and put on, it sagged quite a bit, even with a higher rate Toytec spring. It took my mechanic 5 hours to remove the suspension due to rust *surprise surprise* lol

Last edited by Theo85; 03-23-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Summer 2015.

Trip to Watkins Glen campground

Got my Grabbers for 400$ with 95% tread from a guy on Kijiji who didn't like them. I would say his loss was definitely my gain! These tires have served me extremely well and I would highly recommend them. I have a LOT of KM's on them and they still have tons of tread.

First wheeling trip with OF4WD.

Trail damage or as others would say "Character"

Time to upgrade! Got myself a Walker SS exhaust from thewrenchmonkey.ca for 120$ which I took to a local shop to get fitted and get a custom side exit for the exhaust. At the same time, I picked up some used Total Chaos uca's and a uniden 510XL cb radio (25$). *START THE CAR!!!* lol

Last edited by Theo85; 03-23-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Sorry for the separate posts, most forums don't allow me to post more then 3 pictures so I am just making sure I can get as much in here as possible!

Summer 2016.

-Scored used DT headers from a guy in Brampton, and the cats were already welded on! Overall, I haven't noticed much improvement from stock power, maybe a little near the top end, but it did get rid of the damn ticking noise that plagues the 4runner/tacoma.
    -Snorkel install was a PITA, I don't think you could pay me enough to do that again lol
    -Feeling cool towing my buddys bayliner.

Posing with a buddy!

Sliders came in around September from Relentless fab, these things are slick. 4 Month wait period.

Last edited by Theo85; 03-23-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Weclome Theo !

Nice truck. The first two pics had me kinda worried ... glad to see you got outta town

Haha thanks Klahanie, you should see the look on people's faces when i come out from the garage!

Winter 2016/17.

No wheeling and constant cold weather means it's time to build some storage for the upcoming overlanding season! Working with a small budget of 250$, picked up some 3/4" birch and got this done in about 6 hours with a friend. Still a work in progress as I have to get the drawer faces, slides and back closed up. Otherwise i'm really happy with the setup. The left side is slightly lower in order to place a fridge on top.

You can see here I incorporated a slide out cooking table to place my stove on and cutting board.

5th gen brake upgrade in progress, hopefully all goes well. (To be installed - still waiting on garage availability)

Last edited by Theo85; 03-23-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Using a GARMIN GLO and 2nd gen iPad for my navigation setup. It's holding for now, but would like to get a permanent dash mount. Using my otterbox defender case, i drilled 4 holes and attached a PROCLIP vent mount to it. It's surprisingly sturdy, but it is kind of in the way.

Nice build.

I'm using a ram mount x-grip to hold my Samsung tablet with a defender case.

but I made a wide above dash support for the TJ.

Last edited by Lucky j; 03-24-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Nice Build.