Thread: Trees for the futur

Default Trees for the futur

Hello guys

I am sure that some of you guys have watch the web series for Mountain state overland. The last season series was kind of sponsering a group call Trees for the futur. An organisation that pledge to help developping comunities in africa by helping them create tree farms to create wealth around them.

http://trees.org

The guys of MSO have pledge to sponsor 1 tree per mile travel on theire adventures. Based on what I have seen on the trres.org website, it only cost them a few cents per miles.

Now, I do like the organisation, but I you like to know if any of you guys have heard about something similar in canada.

i would not mind contributing to something like that. In my mind, much better that any actors or singers purchasing an electric car to have a clean conscience when they make more than two trips a year to nepal pretending that they participate in sustainable development while poluting morein a flight than my jeep in one year, and using smoking public transpotation bus to keep their conscience clean. And that is not remembering that they also polute big time every flight they take for work.

so if I can find an org to help and on top of that get a tax return, then I'm in.

Luc, I never heard of MSO but a quick google search for "donate to plant trees canada" got some results. Might not be all you want tho ...

Quote Originally Posted by klahanie View Post
    Luc, I never heard of MSO but a quick google search for "donate to plant trees canada" got some results. Might not be all you want tho ...

Mountain state overland is a groupe a little bit like xoveland, they are on the east coast of like they say, us of a and have 2 years of overland travel in the east coast mountain. They try to present groupes and organization that want to make a difference in theire comunity as they travel along. Prety interesting, on blue grass back ground music.

Thank you, I will look into donate to plant!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky j View Post
    Mountain state overland is a groupe a little bit like xoveland, they are on the east coast of like they say, us of a and have 2 years of overland travel in the east coast mountain. They try to present groupes and organization that want to make a difference in theire comunity as they travel along. Prety interesting, on blue grass back ground music.

Thank you, I will look into donate to plant!
    i also found treecanada.ca witch is another one that could makes a little more sense than the first one.

still looking.

^ fyi you can't quote yourself - forum rules, sorry. and sorry but no blue grass either

I know treecanada but don't think they actually do the planting but instead facilitate it.

Fnny, so far I found out that organisation in canada that will plant or organized or help in planting trees will charge from 6$/tree up to 25$/tree and I found some us organisation that will plant trees in canada for 1$ us/ tree.

lol

if I can not find what I'm looking for, I base on a carbon calculator, I might just purchase 35 trees and plant them on my lot at my cabin every year.

I will keep in searching until my 4 feet of snow melt.

I'd rather help our own people, like old folks who live in poverty for example. I don't see why Africans can't plant trees themselves if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by scanny View Post
    I'd rather help our own people, like old folks who live in poverty for example. I don't see why Africans can't plant trees themselves if they want to.
    What tells you I'm not already helping folks?? The things is, we already have some kinds of controls here (and I say some kind cause it is far from perfect) of our forest. They have none and the more trees are eliminated, the more the desert are taking over, the more the planet goes down the drain.

In my case, I was more interested in the bundle or trees and tools than just trees. It is the old say, give someone a fish, you will feed them for a day, teach him how to fish, you will feed him for life. And I would prefer to do this via a Canadian organisation. Simple as that.

Plus, increase theire autonomy, you will reduce the need for international help and reduce the number of people grabing money and ressource before it reach the right persone.
    Last edited by Lucky j; 03-25-2017 at 07:21 PM.