Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 BC Overland Rally

We're coming, bringing the fam including 5 month old baby. We went to the NWOR last year (and will be going this year too) and itsalways a good time. Even the toddler loved it!

I'll likely be the only sequoia there, still repping OLC decals. We'll be set up in the camping area with our Kakadu trailer. I burned some banked overtime hours to take the days off!

Will their be a next year? I do hope we get some good youtube coverage from those going.

FOOD!!!

We have two cool food vendors lined up to be on-site in addition to the cadets serving Tim Hortons Coffee and muffins in the mornings.

The Frying Dutchman from Rosedale makes possibly the best Fish and Chips you will ever taste in your life. He really is Dutch (emigrated here last year) and his menu includes traditional Kibbeling. The fish is fresh, flaky, and feathery-light. We went to his shop and after tasting the food we begged him to come. His fries are perfect, and he makes an amazing homemade tartar sauce.

The Gypsy Trunk is a food truck from Abbotsford. Jen who runs it does vegan food, and at first I was sceptical, (I am a dedicated carnivore) but she makes these burritos and quesadillas with "grain sausage" (apple sage, italian or chipotle flavoured), black beans, avacodo, dairy-free mozza cheeze (?!?), and a ton of hot sauces. Hell, I can't tell it is vegan. And my wife is happy for me to eat a bunch of them. "Look honey, I'm eating healthy food"...

At the bottom of the hill (15 mins from the rally site) the little store has all the basic staples you need for cooking at your campfire, and if anyone wants to sneak away for a proper sit down meal, the Sasquatch Inn is about 20-25 minutes away, and they serve everything, from burgers to ribs to calamari, wings by the pound, poutine, pizza, pasta, Jambalaya, you name it. They also have the nearest liquor store in case you need to top up.

BC Schedule is now up

OLC Member

Looking forward to this.

Sorry for the long delay, I was at the NW Overland Rally, and we had a lot of fun!

Update on the food, the Frying Dutchman can't make it, so instead, the local Chilliwack Air Cadets will be there with a barbecue, grilling up yummy food all weekend, in addition to the vegan food truck.

We have a ton of cool vendors lined up, many of the local 4x4 clubs will be there with booths, and the sun is forecast to shine all weekend!

Thank you everyone who came! We had over 40 vendors, dozens of presenters, and over 450 attendees! Not bad for a first year.

A huge thanks also goes out to all the volunteers. They are the behind-the-scenes heroes.

We had some challenges with the property (the works-camps dropped in the vendor area, and the not-level ground by the campfire) but everyone pitched in and we worked around it and it all ended well.

I printed and donated special BCOR/4WDABC (Four Wheel Drive Association of BC) toques for folks who signed up as paid members of the 4WD Association at the show, and I think they went through a hundred toques in their booth, so that is great. Every person who signs up as a member helps keep trail access open in the province. The 4WDABC volunteers led folks on some great trail rides over the weekend!

And those who came, please post some pics, I was running around so I didn't even bring a camera to the event.

:-)

Ray