Thread: Another Howdy from Calgary

OLC Member

Smile Another Howdy from Calgary

Howdy folks,

New to the forum, although I've been poking through various threads for some time now.

I used to do lots of camping, especially winter snowshoeing trips, but then got married and did the kid thing and just never seemed to have time for any extended outdoor time.

We did the nice, fancy 25' trailer thing for a few years but I hated the campground life where your neighbour's sewer hose is next to your picnic table... Sold the trailer but I've been getting that "itch" to get back to the outdoors.

I have an old YJ with a whack of mods that has satisfied the "get out of town and play for a few hours" urge, but it's definitely not big enough for the wife, kid and two dogs, let alone any camping gear.

Soooo, just picked up an '08 Liberty and hope to be heading out for some trips. Since all my previous outdoors time was generally "drive to a parking lot of the highway and then hike," I've never really looked to see what's around Calgary.

The Forestry Trunk Road seems to come up a lot in searches, and I'd love to take the trail that takes you up to the top of the Cypress Hills area on the Saskatchewan side. I think that's part of the TCAT? We've stayed in Cypress Hills numerous times, but have never taken that trail, just the highway.

Looking forward to any other trail ideas Calgary and area folks might have. Now I'm off to drool over some more build threads.

Steve

Welcome to the forum Steve. Great bunch of people hanging out here.

Hi and Welcome

Welcome !
    You're in a good spot for exploring, lots to see in AB. If you mean the gap rd to the hills, you should have no problems with your Jeep.

Welcome!

OLC Member

Welcome to the forum. Love the YJs.

OLC Member

Yep, that's the one - the Gap Road. The year we were out there when Maple Creek got flooded out, they weren't sure if the road was still going to be there. Glad it's still there.
    Last edited by Frostytoes; 02-27-2017 at 09:14 PM.