Thread: 2005 Jeep LJ Blind Chicken

OLC Member

Default 2005 Jeep LJ Blind Chicken

Well..... my Dad always said even a blind chicken gets a kernel of corn once in a while. This is me banging my head against the ground lol.

The Jeep: 2005 Rubicon with 4.0 I6 and a 6 speed manual trans.

Bought the Jeep just over a year ago with a long arm lift kit and 35's already installed.
    cool thing about this little gem is that it has D44's and the previous owner didn't swap gears. Normally that would be a bad thing for any "off road" play time but the rubicon has a 4:1 transfer case. YAY highway gears and enough options to crawl everywhere i want. I've had a jeep in the past and that one i beat the living snot out of.... so i've lost a taste for hard wheeling. So now i'm focused on family fun, exploring the country and camping.

Down side: The previous owner neglected the engine and didn't check engine codes......... long story short he ran it with 3 junked plugs that flooded and washed out 3 cylinders..... YAY engine build!!!!

Up side (ok so really an expensive but fun down side): i'm building a stroked and supercharged inline 6..... honestly went for fuel economy but ended up with a potential power monster. not sure if this is the place for that kind of tech but i'll share if anyone asks. this should be done and installed by summer i hope.

Future goals: weld and install a sport cage, get my HAM certification and install a com system, build a RTT trailer that i can transport a canoe/junk in,........

Looks like a nice rig and noce set-up project!

should have plenty of power to get all of it up the hills. Just might be lower on fuel when you get up there! ��

While at it, maybe you wanted to look into the genright larger gas tank. A bit on the pricy side, but way more fuel capacity. For something like you plan and a will to travel, could be worth it.

OLC Member

The safari tank is right up there on the list. Only thing holding me back is the price tag lol..... I think it will get OK fuel economy as long as I don't try doing 120 on highway and I keep my foot off the floor. I should have a peak torque curve from 2000-3500 rpm that will be perfect for crawling up hills and rolling down the road....... That being said... She's probably going to be a pig. Ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking rig! Love the LJ -welcome to the group

OLC Member

Welcome to the OLC. Those LJs are a hot commodoty.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk