Thread: NCO Adventures Big Announcment

Default NCO Adventures Big Announcment

Some of my overlanding friends in Prince George and Northern BC just put a FB thing together and are promising a big announcement when their page hits 175 likes! Please show them some community support and "like" their page so we can hear the news!!!

Here is a link to the page
    https://www.facebook.com/NCOadventures/

OLC Member

There are few things I hate more than social media that begs for likes/retweets/whatever for some vague promise or prize-winning "competition." An instant unfollow & block from my side.

That's cool - there is going to be an event promoted by our local group plus Tourism BC and Tourism PG which is pretty exciting. Sorry you won't be there.

I like the idea of promoting an event and different partners working together. I'm still a little old school (if I can say that at 31 yrs old) and I admit it can be annoying when facebook pages do that kinda thing. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to see what this event is and possibly making the trek up there.

Just realized its on the same dates as the BC Overland Rally
    Last edited by JaredC; 01-22-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Well the announcement has been made! It is the same weekend as the BC Overland Rally but I will point out that it is a not-for-profit event hosted by Canadians and there is a real overland adventure involved. If you have never been to Barkerville before it is totally worth it - and one of BC's best historical sites. Plus the off road options will be very cool. Check out the video and stay tuned for registration if you're interested in attending!

Link to the FB page and promo vid:
    https://www.facebook.com/NCOadventur...WSFEED&fref=nf

Quote Originally Posted by JeepGSD View Post
    Well the announcement has been made! It is the same weekend as the BC Overland Rally but I will point out that it is a not-for-profit event hosted by Canadians and there is a real overland adventure involved. If you have never been to Barkerville before it is totally worth it - and one of BC's best historical sites. Plus the off road options will be very cool. Check out the video and stay tuned for registration if you're interested in attending!

Link to the FB page and promo vid:
    https://www.facebook.com/NCOadventur...WSFEED&fref=nf

As the host of the BC Overland Rally, I have to say I am bummed out that these are both on the same weekend, as this looks like a totally cool event, and I wish I could go. I live in Chilliwack now, but I grew up in PG and I'd love to start there and do a trip to Barkerville. I went there as a kid and loved it, and now that I have kids, this would be a great way to take them there.

Next year I will reach out to you guys earlier, so we can try to make sure we are not on the same weekend. Sorry about this year, I didn't know about this event when we announced the BCOR. It naturally came the weekend after NWOR so I was unable to shift it. Next year we can help promote it though at both the BCOR and the NWOR.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks for the support Ray!

I am not involved in organizing this event but I will pass it along for those involved. My wife and I will be volunteering as trail runners for the "backroads route" though which will be very cool.

Also to anyone interested the website is up now and registration is a go: http://www.ncoadventures.com/

Well, if you keep this going for a few more years, we very well be with you for this!