Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Calgary!

OLC Member

Default Hello from Calgary!

Hey everybody!

My name is Connor,
    I'm the founder of a Canadian distribution company catering to fleet and offroad vehicle equipment, with back ground in fabrication and welding engineering/inspection.

Currently my overland rig is a 2001 Jeep XJ, I've only had it on a hand full of day trips, and one true overlanding trip. Consisting of 3 weeks living out of the jeep, which I had only owned for about 2 weeks before starting the journey haha.

Fairly Inexperienced "Overlander", but very experienced in offroading, camping, hunting, fishing, automotive work/modification, ect.

Here is the XJ.

This is my previous offroad rig, '91 YJ, 5.3L Vortec swap, 35's, Locked F/R, 15" frame and tub stretch, flat belly skid, custom cage, highline fenders, ect.
    Quite the fun vehicle, but I wanted something more overland friendly. Mainly needed more enclosed storage, and something that didnt require earplugs on the hwy,

The future plan is to turn the XJ into a more dedicated offroad vehicle, that can still comfortably drive on the street. Then build a 6.7 Ford F350 overlanding rig capable of light/medium duty offroading ( where it fits atleast haha) while maintaining great road manners and towing capability.

Welcome to the group! I used to live in YYC - great place but you have to drive aways to get to nature sometimes I found.

FYI - none of the images seem to be visible to me - is anyone else having this issue?

I do not see any either

I can't see them either. It could be a permission issue as it appears to be hosted off of his google account.

OLC Member

Lets see if this works better

Nice set up! Love the RTT and the back cargo set up.

OLC Member

Welcome to the club.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Nce set-up!

and curious about the frankeyj

must have put a lot of hours into this.

i see a strech yj body or at least the rear tub, yj doors and mirrors and tailgate with hinge, unless it is a lj tub with delete fuel port and fuel cell but yj tailgate, but still leaf spring front and back, a modified hard top and surely different frame or stetch.

info please.

OLC Member

Thanks Everybody!

- Lucky J, Its a YJ haha. 15" Frame and tub stretch, Poorly Modified TJ hardtop, 5.3 Vortec, 4l60e, Ford 8.8, Locked F/R, cage, fuel cell, custom highline tube fenders, Mastercraft seats, Crow Cam lock harnesses, ect. Its long gone now haha, the new owner smacked a tree off the front right tire the day after he bought it and sheared the leafspring on both sides of the perch haha.

Lol. Well it was a nice custom yj!

To bad it died so quickly!