Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDN autoparts online - suggestions

Default CDN autoparts online - suggestions

A site was mentioned on here a while back, I think in ON. Looking for a Canadian version of something like Rock**** with a similar good selection and prices.

I like to buy local and have a pretty good auto parts store and Ford dealer both in PoCo but looking to keep them honest ... also I like OE parts but my DD is (dealer) obsolete so could also use a lead on a CDN supplier for Motorcraft.

Thanks,
    ~David
    Last edited by klahanie; 12-31-2016 at 11:47 AM. Reason: for clarity, added in italic

Are you thinking RockAuto?

They are U.S. based I think but they have pretty decent/fair rates for Canada. I use them occasionally when the local NAPA can't find/get what I want for a reasonable price.
    Last edited by Root Moose; 12-31-2016 at 11:45 AM.
    - Chris
    2001 Ford Expedition EB 5.4L
    2001 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L
    2005 Starcraft 11RT
    My other car is in pieces

Sorry, I mean a store like RockAuto, but on this side of the border.

FWIW, lately I've been buying a lot of stuff on ebay. One of the joys of a common platform (Ford) is that there's lots of vendors out there selling the same thing so you can pick and choose based on shipping into Canada. Some times it works out decently but not always.

Just another option if applicable.
    - Chris
    2001 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L
    2005 Starcraft 11RT

Thanks, I sometimes forget about ebay. IIRC some US dealers have online parts outlets on there. It's the shipping and duty that sucks.

Yeah, if you can find a vendor that offers cheap USPS then it's just taxes and duties which is in the local prices anyway. USPS doesn't charge brokerage - which is the real rip off when vendors ship via couriers.
    - Chris
    2001 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L
    2005 Starcraft 11RT

There is one in Ottawa but I forget the name....
    edit:
    Autopartsway is one

I have a buddy with a mobile repair business in Vancouver. He suggested autopartsway.ca Also to order from Amazon.com and he picks up in Pt Roberts.
    Those are the cheapest. RockAuto.com is cheap, but only if you aren't shipping to Canada, plus the exchange is a killer but could very well STILL be cheaper
    thanks to greedy genius' in Canadian business.

Thanks fellas, appreciate it.

One thing about RockAuto, it's good for part numbers.

OLC Member

wrenchmonkey.ca is a Canadian outfit. You can even pickup at their location near the airport in Toronto to save shipping.

Both parts I wanted showed as in stock. Sure enough next morning I get an email saying the transfer case chain is obsolete and it will be 3-4 weeks to get one. Rockauto could get me one asap.

Then I get a phone call saying the other part is in stock, but due to an error on their website the price will be $5 higher.

I lose it. I snap.

I tell the woman that in spite of all the crappy reviews I read online about partsmonkey.ca I was willing to try a Canadian supplier instead of Rockauto. Especially with the prices being so low and offering a pickup option. Now you say the part is obsolete, but Rockauto has it. And you want more money for the other part. Screw it. Cancel the chain order and you're not getting an extra nickel for the other one. F*ck you. And the horse you rode in on.

I figure they have a poor catalogue system and say everything is in stock. Just like the reviews said.

So now it's back to Rockauto with their huge inventory and quick delivery to Canada. Hint: use their consolidated shipping option. Cheap and no duty or border hassles. It's all included in the price.

I have a red banana shaped object for the back end of partsmonkey.ca

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."