Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roaming Rally 2017

Administrator

Default Roaming Rally 2017

Hi everyone, dates have been set for the Roaming Rally 2017. We're quite excited about the new format for 2017...more info to come before the end of the year. Registration will begin in January. We have been asked by a few people for the dates so they can book their vacation time at work...

Bikes May 25th - May 28th

Trucks May 27th - June 3rd

This will be the seventh year we have put this event together, each year it seems to get bigger and better. Unlike other rallies and festivals, the Roaming Rally focuses on getting out into the back country to explore new roads and trails. Last year saw 187 people attend, the RR is a great way to meet like minded folks around a campfire or spend a day on the trails together.

We look forward to reuniting with repeat attendees and meeting some new folks.

Hope to see everyone in May

Cheers
    Ted
    Canada's Source For Overland Routes

www.GravelTravel.ca

Administrator

Hi everyone, Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. We're just finishing up with some last minute logistics. By mid January we'll have all the details to share and will begin registration.

As mentioned, the rally will be based out of a primitive camp location (outhouses, no electricity, no water). Routes will be one and two day routes and 2 half day routes. Most are mild with a couple of very technical routes for folks with built up vehicles who want to challenge themselves. There is always the option to just hang out as basecamp and enjoy the wilderness.

Trucks are recommend to not travel the routes solo (safety in numbers).

Trucks must have recovery gear, full size spare, recovery points, first aid kits, AT or MT tires and be prepared to spend a night in the wild in case of an incident.

There will be more routes than days; meaning no one will finish all of the routes.

Motorbikes will share one night at basecamp with the trucks. Routes are not shared between bikes and trucks.

Hope to meet some OLC members. The rally has always been as much about meeting like minded folks as it has been about exploring the backcountry

www.GravelTravel.ca

Any update on this year's rally?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Barrhaven View Post
    Any update on this year's rally?
    http://graveltravel.ca/index.php?opt...126&Itemid=150

Yep, registration is now open. Some cool rigs have signed up. Hope you can make it. Put that rtt to use yet?

www.GravelTravel.ca

Anyone from the forum going? I'm about to sign up!

Administrator

There is a handful of folks from the forums here going...maybe they will chime in.

Cya in May

www.GravelTravel.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Theo85 View Post
    Anyone from the forum going? I'm about to sign up!
    I'm going, looking forward to meeting like-minded people and hitting some fun trails!

Hey Mykh, where you from? What are you driving?

Hi Theo, I'm from Toronto and drive a 2016 Canyon. Mostly stock, got some Cooper AT3s on it and a few superskidz plates for armour. I've managed to put on quite a bit of trail/off-road miles with this setup (super carefully in some cases haha) last year. May get a 2" level on before event too

Looking forward to the trails again!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Awesome man, i'm also in toronto. Can't wait for this event! Do you have a build thread?