Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A 2017 Tacoma TRD OR Build

OLC Member

Great buy, here in quebec they wont sell me an offroad dualcab, so my only option is to import from the US

That sucks, you can't even import it from another province?

OLC Member

How can a dealership refuse to sell a vehicle that's listed on the Toyota.ca website?

OLC Member

Quote Originally Posted by RaceAddict View Post
    How can a dealership refuse to sell a vehicle that's listed on the Toyota.ca website?
    I cant even see it, maybe because of the Province Check, there is a sport double cab but no offroad, of course i could go in an other province or even the state, but for now i'll stick with the wrangler. but man your ride is awesome!

Administrator

Can't wait to see the Habitat on your truck
    Canada's Source For Overland Routes

www.GravelTravel.ca

OLC Member

When you go here - https://www.toyota.ca/toyota/en/vehi...tures-benefits - and scroll about halfway down you don't see the "TRD Off-Road" picture?

TRD Off-Road 4x4 Access and Double Cab TRD Off-Road Models help you put Tacoma's one-touch 4WD system through its paces. Select your terrain using Multi-terrain Select (automatic only) and know you're well equipped with a locking rear differential, fuel tank and transfer case skid plates, Bilstein shock absorbers (Front/Rear). In extreme conditions, engage Crawl Control (automatic only) so that you can focus on steering while Tacoma adjusts the traction and speed of each wheel to help you out.
    It might simply be that the OR model isn't available yet. Find a dealer who is willing to work with you, or even do a special order. They might not be keeping ORs on their lots and therefore just try to sell you whatever they have. (I hate dealers...)

Are the dual cab and acces cab the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky j View Post
    Are the dual cab and acces cab the same?
    Ok, i got my answer couple of minutes after posting this. Dealer where I was for my gf rav 4 also had a double cab trd non off road outside in the lot beside the trd off road acces cab they had in the show room.

Quote Originally Posted by deadly99 View Post
    Can't wait to see the Habitat on your truck
    Thanks! I can't wait to get it on the truck, it won't be long now! I'm looking at getting it re-geared prior to heading down, as I also have a couple other items on order that will add weight to the truck and likely be installed once I get back from picking up the Habitat.

Okay definitely following this thread! My dad has the same truck in the same colour and is just slowly starting to upgrade some parts. Did you source your TRD wheels from Toyota directly or elsewhere?