Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A 2017 Tacoma TRD OR Build

Should go with the bp-51 kit from ome

Quote Originally Posted by Junior83 View Post
    To sustain the additional weight the habitat will, I decided to upgrade the suspension. I looked around for a simple reliable kit that is affordable and can sustain the weight and had a good track record.

The main lifts I looked at were the Toytec, Bilstein, and OME, and decided to go with the OME kit. I chose the kit for its simplicity and the option of choosing a kit that is made for the load you plan to run, plus the option to replace your leaf springs with Dakar springs.
    I had the Dakar springs with two overload leafs on my 06 Tacoma and they were perfect for carrying load. Those and the OME shocks made the box less bouncy in general. Good choice!

Sent from my phone.

So far I've been very impressed with the kit which does have me worried when I add a little more weight. I went with the medium rate kit which is meant for an additional constant load of between 300-600lbs, which the habitat weighs in around 300 pounds. And I am planning on installing bumpers, albeit aluminum, but I figure that'll add another 100 pounds at each end, so hopefully it can still sustain the weight otherwise I may be upgrading to the heavy kit sooner than I originally thought.

I looked and considered a kit like the BP-51 but I can't justify the additional cost vs need at this time, although I do like it's adjustable and rebuildable.

OLC Member

Did you already order the Dakar leaf pack? If not, consider All Pro Expedition leafs - I've got a set of these coming in a few weeks.

Yes... you could say that...

Here are a couple more pictures of the tacoma after the lift, tires and wheels were installed.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Love those rims, nice truck

OLC Member

Very jealous of the habitat, I wish I had the budget in my next build for one. But In the mean time my rtt will do the job

Thanks guys! I don't have the habitat yet but should hopefully have it on my truck by the end of February!

In the meantime I've done some cosmetic changes, removing the rear badges, and plasti-dipping the chrome grille surround and emblem. I may just permanently paint the grille surround and emblem, but wanted to see what it would look like first to get an idea.

Before:

After

Also got some seat covers by NW Seat Covers, made locally and to order for the Tacoma. Loving them so far, great quality!