Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: A 2017 Tacoma TRD OR Build

Quote Originally Posted by Junior83 View Post
    Thanks! No major plans yet, but we'll likely start small as my youngest is not even 8 months old. I'm thinking South Chilcotin stuff, between Gold Bridge and Gang Ranch. It's also the place I'm most familiar with. We are going to be at both Overland rallies so that give us a few sleeps "in the city" so to speak to know what gear and arrangements we can make.
    Right on, yeah that's a nice area. We'll be up that way for July long. Sorry I caught your wave last minute on Saturday .

OLC Member

Fantastic setup. Can you share what the CBI rear bumper ran you, as you received it (ie. before powdercoat)? Looks like you bought through Peden 4WD? I'm looking for essentially the same bumper setup.

// edit - heard back from Peden, was quoted roughly $3730+tax.
    Last edited by 0210; 06-08-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0210 View Post
    Fantastic setup. Can you share what the CBI rear bumper ran you, as you received it (ie. before powdercoat)? Looks like you bought through Peden 4WD? I'm looking for essentially the same bumper setup.

// edit - heard back from Peden, was quoted roughly $3730+tax.
    Sorry I never got around to responding earlier. I can tell you that with the exchange rate, taxes and shipping, it doesn't come cheap, but I found whether ordering direct or through Peden, it was going to cost the same, but Peden arranged ordering, shipping and all that fun stuff. I had a shop in Abbotsford do the powder coating, and all I can recommend is to ensure no areas where it's meant to have another piece go into or against gets any trace of powder coat on it.

OLC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junior83 View Post
    Sorry I never got around to responding earlier. I can tell you that with the exchange rate, taxes and shipping, it doesn't come cheap, but I found whether ordering direct or through Peden, it was going to cost the same, but Peden arranged ordering, shipping and all that fun stuff. I had a shop in Abbotsford do the powder coating, and all I can recommend is to ensure no areas where it's meant to have another piece go into or against gets any trace of powder coat on it.
    I always use sacrificial hardware when getting things powdercoated. Anything with a thread gets a bolt screwed in, and after powdercoating that bolt is removed and discarded, leaving the threads perfectly fine. Otherwise yeah, you're in for a lot of fun with a tap & die kit.

OLC Member

Great setup