Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Not another Alexander MacKenzie thread!!

Default After the Mackenzie

Making the decision to head north to Vanderhoof / Prince George we back tracked about 16km to the FSR that would get us there.

Getting to the end we noticed the rack on the 3rd Gen was coming apart, strapping it done to ensure it wasn’t going anywhere at the moment but it would be something to address soon.

Arriving in Vanderhoof Alex headed off to visit a friend who lived nearby. The rest of us found a campground close to town and then headed for some beer and food.

Early the next morning, unable to find a local shop to flush his transmission, Aaron headed to Prince George. We took our time leaving, stopping for breakfast, airing up and Mark needed to grease a bunch of things under his Jeep. After that we got on the road to Prince George.

In Prince George we did laundry, washed the 4runner and stocked up on some more food.

By the time we left it was late in the day so we stopped just before Quesnel and set up camp. I did some maintenance on my hidden winch mount; the winch pan had pulled forward in the slotted mounting holes pushing my grill out a little. I also re-spooled the line. We fixed the 3rd Gen rack this night as well.

Last edited by djo.bike; 11-22-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Default The Chilcotin

The next day we headed to Williams Lake and turned west into the Chilcotin region. Encountering rain for the first time this trip just past Williams Lake, it would continue off and on for the rest of the day and night. It turned out to be our only rainy day of the trip.

Turning off the pavement we aired down. We headed south for a while before looping back west and north to our campsite for the night.

Aaron carried his pop-up shelter the whole trip and having it this one night made it 100% worth it.

Between rain showers the sun poked out making for some great light.

There was a rainbow too.

Default On to Bella Coola

The next morning the rain let up but remained overcast.

We arrived in Anahim Lake and had some lunch.

After lunch we headed towards Bella Coola but not before stopping for some roadside coffee.

After coffee with a view we proceeded down “The Hill”.

We camped just up the road from Bella Coola in Hagensborg. The campground provided us with some great views of the surrounding mountains.

It also had the world’s nicest outhouse

The next morning we headed for some breakfast at one of the two places in Bella Coola.

Default Blue Jay Lake

After a great breakfast we started on the days travels. Today’s destination was Blue Jay Lake Rec Site. The views on the drive in were stunning.

The next day had us going back to Bella Coola, checking out the ocean and having brunch at the restaurant.

We are always on the lookout for local art when traveling and this trip we found something yet again, a hand carved feather. We bought the smaller one.

Default Into Purgatory and Back

Our last day in the area we picked Purgatory lookout for the night. The views from the road in were just as amazing as the previous day.

We needed another coffee break and Aaron wanted do some gold panning. Surprisingly he didn’t find anything.

And back to the views.

Arriving at the lookout and the nights camping spot Mark needed to do a pose before setting up camp.

Pretty good view from the kitchen.

On the way out we put the last of our extra fuel in.

Default Tatla Lake and Good-Byes

We stopped at Tatla Lake for our last night as a group. The Jeeps air filter needed to be relocated; it was too close to the engine and had melted a little bit. Mark had moved it up higher when we crossed the Blackwater and had never moved it back.

Is this trip over yet!

After lunch in Williams Lake we parted ways. Mark and Aaron heading back to the Kootenay’s and us back to Edmonton.

Cool report, our group was a few days behind you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by wjustin View Post
    Cool report, our group was a few days behind you guys.
    Thanks. I saw your report, nice job, looks like you had it a little wetter. I couldn't imagine going through there in the rain. I think you were talking to Mark earlier as well.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by djo.bike View Post
    Thanks. I saw your report, nice job, looks like you had it a little wetter. I couldn't imagine going through there in the rain. I think you were talking to Mark earlier as well.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, yah I was talking to mark. Yeah it made it tricky for us being so slick lol

OLC Member

Beautiful trip. Thanks for posting.