Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KO2 or Duratrac ?

OLC Member

I had KOs and went to same size of Duratracs, the duratracs for winter driving were multiple orders of magnitude better. However, road noise above 60km/h was annoying to say the least. I sold my POS truck with the duratracs on, I'll likely be going with KO2s on my Ranger. I think the reduced winter traction is a worthy trade off for my sanity on the asphalt.

OLC Member

Funny - on TacomaWorld there are several folks that constantly yell about KO2s being way louder than Duratracs.

Did you compare both tires when they were new? Age & use will make a tire louder, so both you and the opposite guys could be correct if you switched from a heavily used to brand-new tire.

OLC Member

I have the Duratracs on my S10, and the road noise is pretty awful. I find that inflation makes a big difference though; 40psi is much quieter than 30psi.. but still noisier than I'd like. Oh well, they more than make up for it in traction. I ran them last winter, and had no complaints at all. Price was pretty stellar for my size as well. 235/75r15

I ran both. Hands down dura tracks were the better tires. Especially in snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLC Member

Duratracs. I have 60,000 on mine and they are still going strong. I'll buy another set without hesitation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also run both. I find the Duratrac better then the BFG in really cold temperatures.

They seem to wear out quicker though. 4 winters out of my current set, don't think I will get a 5th out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by uriedog View Post
    I also run both. I find the Duratrac better then the BFG in really cold temperatures.

They seem to wear out quicker though. 4 winters out of my current set, don't think I will get a 5th out of them.
    Are you only using them in winter or are they an all year tire set for you? And how many km?

I use them all year round. I have 60,450km on them now. I'll probably replace them this time next year so say another 20-30,000km out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by uriedog View Post
    I use them all year round. I have 60,450km on them now. I'll probably replace them this time next year so say another 20-30,000km out of them.
    So roughly 15 000 a year, not bad. Most of the time, at tire, even with the snow flakes are not that good past the second winter.

so wow!

OLC Member

I ordered the Duratracs based on your feedback, the general rating on multiple forums and the irresistible 25% off that saved me $500+ for the set of 5.
    Thank you all.