Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: KO2 or Duratrac ?

OLC Member

Default KO2 or Duratrac ?

Hey guys!

Time for new shoes soon.
    I daily drive a Wrangler, with the occasional trail or vacation trip on/off the beaten path including camping.
    This is the best place to ask since we all live in Canada and enjoy the big country with our vehicles.

I am undecided.. KO2 or Duratrac?

I'd like to hear your opinions and experiences.

Thanks.

OLC Member

I kinda like the pizza cutter 34x10.5r17 size of KO2s. But I heard the Duratracs may be better in winter.

I went from Duratrac to KO2 and I'm glad I did. Highway tire noise is basically gone, better ride and they work equally well off the pavement.

OLC Member

It's good to hear from people that had both. Thanks.
    Which one would you say is better in winter? They're both snow rated.

I haven't had a chance to get into worthy snow yet.

The Duratracs are louder on pavement. However they clear winter slush so much better. I ran Duratracs, KO2's and currently Grabber AT2's (garbage). The wider tread on the duratracs will grab slush and clear it while keeping the vehicle straight. I found both the KO2's and the AT2's have a harder time cleaning their own treads and like to slide more on the cold stuff.

OLC Member

Thanks. I need this kind of feedback.
    I only ran the stock BFG KM (mud tire) on my jeep so I have no idea how any other tire would feel in snow/slush. Packed snow is usually the one that gets into the nooks and crannies and gets the tire thread temporarily "bald".
    What about KO2 vs Duratrac aside from winter? Which one would you pick since you experienced both?

Went from KOs to duratracs, loved both tires but I feel the duratrac is better off road. I've put some wicked abuse on them and the wear has also been great. Both tires wore great actually.

I'm running second set of Duratracs now, so far I'm pretty happy with them. They get noiser when they are at the end of their life, other than that I have no complains : )
    Last edited by scanny; 10-16-2016 at 11:31 AM.

OLC Member

Thanks.

I have the stock KM muds now so I am accustomed with road noise. I just turn the sound up. But I am not getting KM again. They wore too fast on highway.
    What I am interested mostly in is grip in adverse conditions and dry/wet trail.