Thread: Lock in a 4x4

OLC Member

Default Lock in a 4x4

A key stucked in my front door in a Toyota FJ 80. All doors are closed and i don`t want to break a window.
    Should i seek for a official car repair or should i just find a locksmith and deal with it? I tried to remove it myself but only scratched a door with a screwdriver

CAA is youre friend. At least to open the doors. Or any towing company.

some have inssurance company that cover road side in theire package.

OLC Member

I`ve been busy so didn`t respond. Soo sorry! I used a local locksmith to open my door. I freaked out when posted this, now i understand i easily could google some companies I`ve hired vaughan locksmith. Any locksmith company should work if u stuck as in my case. Just find a mark on their website they can open car or just call them. CAA is good advice and i will definitely try them out next time (hopefully it will never happen).

Every tow truck company does it. And CAA does it for your memeber ship annual fees, up to 4 times a year. They even now inclued houses too now.

OLC Member

What is the fee? What else includes in the annual fee besides opening a door?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel View Post
    What is the fee? What else includes in the annual fee besides opening a door?
    Give the, a call, it is free.

i have the the up-rated card. Forgot the real name of it, a little more expensive, but I get more out of it.

for car or hoise I guess, you get four event per year. With the up graded card, a towing is 160 km free. So not to the closest garage, not even has to be a garage. Battery jump, car opening. Road maps free almost as much as you want. Legal advice, on car, house, renovation, rebate at hotels, and others. The also offer to get you car back if you drank to much. Also good for bycicle and motorcycle. They will send a flat bed if you have a 4wd.

the member is coved, not the vehicule. So if you are on site, you can call for somebody else.

Travel advice with travel agent too, so yep, also travel agency.

good in canada and in the US.

some also go with good Sam. Do not know if good same is memeber or vehicule, but it is cheaper I think.

so, give them a call.