Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outback style rear folding Camper trailer.

OLC Member

Default Outback style rear folding Camper trailer.

Hey guys. Been looking around trying to find some info on a rear folding hard floor camper trailer built to Austrailian specs here in Canada but can't seem to find any. I recently picked up a Chinese made copy of the Aussie trailer that was never used so I'm looking for specs. Picked it up at a used car dealer locally for a steal of a price, who said he got it from an auction in Montreal. Weird I know! I have never seen this style trailer here in Canada, especially on here on the east coast. Came with a bonus Annex room that doubles the living space of the trailer. Easy to setup and take down, has a slide out kitchen, lots of storage for gear inside and out, 12/or 120v cooler hookup, solar panels, propane holders, gas can holders, etc. Even has a roof rack, which is mostly why I'm trying to find info to see how much weight I can carry on the rack area. It weighs 800kg, and has a GTM:1500kg, ATM:1500kg. Looks like this one below:

http://www.tradeboss.com/default.cgi...trailer_T01_A/

Any thoughts?

The original company called them 'Camp-o-matic' Trailers. That company was sold in Australia/New Zealand and are being manufactured again. But the new
    company does not have anything to do with previous manufactured trailers. They are a off-road style trailer, not too expensive but certainly look a lot
    like the one you show. Don't know of a dealer here now.

OLC Member

Did not know that, thanks! I've seen several manufacturers in AU but none in North American/Canada. I was always intrigued by the concept but never thought I would ever see one, let alone own one. Will be setting up the Annex room next week so I'll take some pics to show.

I have an old 1966 original but it needs canvas work. The new ones are true off road capable. Be interested to see pics when you have them

OLC Member

Default Some pics

Here are some of the pics of it set up in the yard. Still have to piece together the annex room. Will do that in the days to come.

Day I picked it up.

Slide out kitchen

Queen size bed inside with slide out drawers.

I have all the pieces for the annex room now just have to figure it out and set it up.

Administrator

Wow, what a great looking trailer!
    Canada's Source For Overland Routes

www.GravelTravel.ca

Yeah, that's it. Maybe needs a bit of lift just for clearance issues. I have the annex but never put it on. Mine is old, no drawers or any of that other stuff.
    Looks like a well made trailer, I will be curious to see how it works for you next year.

Nice trailer!

Question, is the floor /top made of steel?? If so, this will be cold in the morning!

OLC Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadly99 View Post
    Wow, what a great looking trailer!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserpilot View Post
    Yeah, that's it. Maybe needs a bit of lift just for clearance issues. I have the annex but never put it on. Mine is old, no drawers or any of that other stuff.
    Looks like a well made trailer, I will be curious to see how it works for you next year.
    I'm curious as well. There's a list of stuff I need to find to piece this together to get it to where I want. I will be addressing a lift either in the form of stiffer springs or maybe some air bags inside the existing coils, even though it says it's got 1600kg max weight which leaves me with 800kg. That's a lot of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky j View Post
    Nice trailer!

Question, is the floor /top made of steel?? If so, this will be cold in the morning!
    Yes the lid/top/floor is made of steel, inside it's checkerplate. I already thought of that same issue and have some puzzle/interlocking foam mats to put inside to keep our feet warmer and maybe warmer for the dogs to sleep.

OLC Member

Just set it up in the front yard to see how the annex fits. I have to say how they attach the walls leaves a little to be desired. They use just velcro and not a zipper. Little harder to install, requires two people to do it right, one on the outside and one on the inside. Other than that, it's not a bad setup. I never installed the floor this time but I will. Here are a few pics to show how it all looks.

And my better half looks forward to trying it out. She loves it so far. It more than doubles the usable space of the trailer. Now gotta get some stuff together.