Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know, this is not overlandind or truck related but..

Default I know, this is not overlandind or truck related but..

Ok, like I said in the title of this tread, this is not overland related, nore truck related or well I did use the jeep and my off road trailer to go get the wood at the mill. but it is sure outdoor living at its best!

first step was the proof of concept since this was intended to be built from scratch and not a kit.

12"x12" cedar bucket that ended up water tight after couple of hours.

now go big or go home, well I was home, so I had to go big!

at fisrt, it was leaking like a basket (doeas this expression translate???) but after 6 days w/o adding water after the first 24 hours, it was still full.

next step, wood stove conversion for water heating!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pfft, what do you mean not overlanding related? That thing just needs to be on a set of wheels and a trailer tongue, and you're set! What better way to spend the evening watching the sun go down from on top of a mountain, then in a hot tub behind your Jeep!

Looks good though!

So you gonna put big flowers in that thing or what ???

Hot rocks will work for heating the water also ... like olden days.

Home made cedar Jacuzzi? Very cool. I think in Chat all bets are off as far as topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yopofun View Post
    Pfft, what do you mean not overlanding related? That thing just needs to be on a set of wheels and a trailer tongue, and you're set! What better way to spend the evening watching the sun go down from on top of a mountain, then in a hot tub behind your Jeep!

Looks good though!

Well that as always been in the back of my mind, so doeas the cedar tub, when I saw one in a ski mag. Guys were pulling on in a trailer with a wood stove, they would light the stove before heading out on backcountry skiing for a day, and wood tailgate and get in the tub when they would come back.

About the rock, I prefer going with the modified stove with sepentine pipe in it. Saw it from the web, know it works. But I will have to find something for winter. Probably water heater element with temps controller at min. Just so it doeas not freeze the week I'm workin away from the cabin.

thanks for the good words!

Sweet little project you got going there. I can see that sitting in a parking lot of a resort or a mountain top.

Quote Originally Posted by binrat View Post
    Sweet little project you got going there. I can see that sitting in a parking lot of a resort or a mountain top.
    Well, this first one will remain at my ski cabin in Charlevoix Quebec. Maybe some day, a portable one, but I have other project first!

Let see now : hot tub,

ski cabin in Charlevoix

what else ...

oh yes, and that other project ...

not sure if you can see that in tapatalk ??

No problem, I do not have tapatalk! Lol

that would be, what, early 90's. Poua! Not sure I like the style anymore, but the x-treme lady skiers...

Ok, so still in test mode, but now with heating and cover.

I already know I have to rdo my serpentine 3/4" copper pipe heat exchanger inside the stove. I did not had the proper tool to make the bents and after 6 hours or work, I had some bad kinks in it, but not enough to make holes ans still enough to let water go through. So since I'm an hour away from the type of store where I can find the right stuff in stock, decided to used it anyway. That and also the fact that it was about 100,00$ of pipe. So had to try it. But as expected, water flows, but not enough to be efficient. Water end up boiling before coming out. But it is enough to heat the water to 94 F. At least the top portion of it. Just not efficient.

so know, since no store around rent the pipe bender, I will have to buy one. Can not even find one used. So 8 to 15 days in.

but hey, got my fisrt dip saturday night. Yeah!

Seat.

Cover and stove.

Attached Images Attached Images