Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sooo I bought another radio

[QUOTE=Snowwalker;47047]
    Quote Originally Posted by binrat View Post
    Dave,
    Western trucks tend not to need bonding compared to eastern trucks. If the province dumps lots of salt in the winter = corrosion and different body panels losing conductivity between each other.[/QUOT

Ontario does not use salt.
    Sorry to burst your bubble Mike, all provinces use road salt.
    Do a quick google of it. Also in some counties in Ontario they don't spread it by sander truck but dump it the width of a double line paint marking and about 3" high.
    The biggest thing I noticed in driving into the chity here in the winter over Ontario was the absents of the use of salt and sand. The "sand" here is up to 7mm in diameter so fine gravel is more like it. I can count 1 times in 4 winter there put salt onto #1 east of Calgary.

[QUOTE=binrat;47048]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble Mike, all provinces use road salt.
    Do a quick google of it. Also in some counties in Ontario they don't spread it by sander truck but dump it the width of a double line paint marking and about 3" high.
    The biggest thing I noticed in driving into the chity here in the winter over Ontario was the absents of the use of salt and sand. The "sand" here is up to 7mm in diameter so fine gravel is more like it. I can count 1 times in 4 winter there put salt onto #1 east of Calgary.

Ontario uses a liquid de-icer that is about 80% water based on beet juice. You can put it in a plastic cup and read the resistance on a meter. But Rust and corrosion was not the problem I was talking about. Many newer vehicles are designed to reduce and prevent transfer of road and wind noise. The same design that makes your vehicle quiet, also can leave you with large parts of your vehicle not being bonded together.

[QUOTE=Snowwalker;47049]
    Quote Originally Posted by binrat View Post

Ontario uses a liquid de-icer that is about 80% water based on beet juice.
    Yeah, I'm calling BS on that. I asked the question to many of my Ontario friends. Yup all confirmed salt usage is alive and going strong in Ontario along with beet juice.

Many new vehicles has certain parts basically glue together to prevent road noise. A couple of the Ford models has the roof assembled that way.

[QUOTE=binrat;47051]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowwalker View Post
    Yeah, I'm calling BS on that.
    Not sure what you are are call BS on, because you say "BS" and then confirm what I am saying about large sections of the vehicle not being bonded. The exact reason I was saying to add some ground straps to the vehicles.