Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When a long weekend comes to a grinding halt...

Quiet an adventure Nh, glad it all worked out. Thanks for the words of truth and great pics. Very cool that you had good buddies to share it with ...

... and a good tow strap along.

btw is this sidehill any flatter ? (would still like to drive this route with my rig ,)

wjustin's pic 07/2015:

No heros 07/72016:

Thanks

I know when I did it the year before that first pic, it was sketchy lol, even last year it was a little pucker factor. And no heros, what caused the tcase to gernade?

OLC Member

Quote Originally Posted by 0210 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the tcase! At least you had help out there.

You mentioned you guys were all on 35's - is that a requirement for this trail? I've got a week off coming up at the end of the month and will be exploring up there - would love to do this trail or something similar. '16 Tacoma 4x4 Sport, double cab, long bed. 31's, will have sliders and about 2" lift (Icon Stage 4) by the time my week-off rolls around. Doable?
    You should be fine. Probably will be a lot more exciting!

OLC Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjustin View Post
    I know when I did it the year before that first pic, it was sketchy lol, even last year it was a little pucker factor. And no heros, what caused the tcase to gernade?
    Not sure yet - gonna open it up and take a look when I get some free time.

So what was the actual cause of the transfer case self destruct or did it just decide at that time to let loose?

OLC Member

Quote Originally Posted by klahanie View Post
    Quiet an adventure Nh, glad it all worked out. Thanks for the words of truth and great pics. Very cool that you had good buddies to share it with ...

btw is this sidehill any flatter ? (would still like to drive this route with my rig ,)

wjustin's pic 07/2015:

No heros 07/72016:

Thanks
    Its pretty slanted - my truck is low so I didn't notice it, but the cruiser definitely made it look sketchier than it felt.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad expedition View Post
    So what was the actual cause of the transfer case self destruct or did it just decide at that time to let loose?
    Not sure - gotta open it up and see what actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by klahanie View Post

wjustin's pic 07/2015:

No heros 07/72016:

Thanks
    I think if you hit that bank with speed you can take it like the banked turns on the NASCAR tour!

Great pictures and trip report, and I gotta say it seems like you had a great attitude about it all which in light of the circumstances most would be freeking out! Good on you and your mates!

Quote Originally Posted by No heros View Post
    Its pretty slanted - my truck is low so I didn't notice it, but the cruiser definitely made it look sketchier than it felt.
    Okay, thanks. Done it before in an empty old RC F250 but looks worse now. Figured a real long wb might work. Only one way to find out ...

Good luck on your TC !

---

Quote Originally Posted by ssrig55 View Post
    I think if you hit that bank with speed you can take it like the banked turns on the NASCAR tour!
    After you, sir ...

What a great adventure.... love the area too, many exploration and hunting trips around big bar and upper yalakom valley etc. It's never an adventure until there's some form of trouble or danger

Quote Originally Posted by wjustin View Post
    Because it is a jeep