Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time For A New Battery

OLC Member

You went up the North Canol during moose hunting season?! The Canol roads must have been packed full of yahoos and hill people haha
    I have to agree that optima has a fantastic marketing system on their products, every shop I have seen that sells their products has a fancy display and most rocker crawler types seem to swear by them.. I personally just want something that can handle a HD alternator along with some neglect from winching occasionally and get me home safe, not looking for undressed eye candy from a bright looking battery. To keep vibration to a minimum i have always thrown some high density foam under the battery and used a ratchet strap to keep it in place even if my rig ended up on its side or god forbid on its roof..

I was up there at the end of the season. No one left when I came back from the Canol Trail part of my trip. Snowing, blizzard 4" of snow that day and I know no one
    behind me. What a great place on earth. J

OLC Member

Absolutely! If you can get out on either of those roads with no people around, its magic.. Absolute serenity, no planes overhead or road noise, no distractions and some beautiful scenery. Come hunting season, those roads are a gong show though. campers and hillbillies everywhere.

I'm running dual batteries in my TJ. Red Optima for the primary and Yellow for the secondary. Have had them in the vehicle for 2 years now, no problems.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I had Optimas, 2 yellows, and they both were old and abused and needed to be replaced at the same time. I ended up going with Eliminators as part as everyone was saying the new Optimas suck, but one died after a few months, and CT wouldn't warranty it because it was damaged (honestly, I have no idea how a post got bent, if it was me or if its from the cheap build), so I'm back to to a single Yellow Top, and will add a second again once I've got the extra cash, hopefully before winter hits.

I just added dual batteries to my TJ. Still figuring out the wiring to the fuse box.

Anyone have a similar set up?

ju
    Last edited by cruiserpilot; 09-23-2016 at 06:26 PM.