Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: GMC Canyon Build

So after taking this bridge shot with a local truck club I was checking out clearance on these tires. With the tires turned, they will go right into the front-rear fender with any sort of articulation. So I went back to 275/65/18. Which is a bummer, so I gotta sell these KM2's now. So I put my the Duratrac tires back onto the truck.

To me, looks better clean and with Duratracs on.

Picked up another set of wheels the other day. They are a hard to find OEM wheel made by enkei. Got them from a wreckers, and they need some work. So I'm getting them shot with bedliner to try something different. Drove back through Elk Island national park on my way back home.

OLC Member

Nice pictures.

Thanks. Installed the wheels. I had to get a dent fixed at the wheel clinic and went with a BMW Sepang Bronze colour for the bedliner. These wheels sit almost flush with the fenders (stick out a tiny bit) and hopefully will fix the rubbing issue I was having with the aftermarket wheels. I usually clipped the fender on steep ramps or general off road stuff and these wheels sit in an inch closer. They are 18x8 (+28mm) and the Methods are 18x9 (-12). I already opened up most of the inner fender, so these wheels will be sitting in the sweet spot. Worst comes to worst I lightly rub the sway bar at full turn (edit: I do, but its minor).

So I'm either going to throw on a set of Cooper STT Pro tires, or Toyo MT's. I ran the STT Pro's before and they had bit of a hum at all speeds. The Toyo's cost a bit more, but I find them super quiet for an MT. If Fountain Tire has a 3 for 4 promotion again in the near future, I might go with a 255/70/18 Duratrac, but not sure yet. I find that size is a bit too uncommon, while 275/65/18 is available everywhere.

Last edited by Clutch; 02-04-2017 at 03:07 PM.

So the last few days I drove around on the xtremes/duratracs and wanted to see if I rubbed anywhere before getting new tires. Everything seems good, and I'm impatient. So I put an order in on the 6th for a set of Cooper STT Pro tires, and they came in today. So I went down to the local performance shop, and had them installed. On that note, if anyone watches highway through hell (I dont), that Mike guy on the show works at this shop and installed the tires on my truck. Small world.

While I was there, I spoke with the guy who did my street tune, and he was willing to stay a bit later and run my truck on the mustang dyno. So I have some updated figures now. Truck is currently running 259hp and 265lb/ft of torque at the wheels. Keep in mind this is an economy tune for regular fuel.
    The sept run (3) was without the efan, no tune, and I had a less restrictive center muffler installed. Detonation and everything was all over the map.
    The street tune (2) was with the efan, larger center muffler, and as the name implies; tuned on the street.
    The first tune (1), is the street tune modified on the dyno.

Last edited by Clutch; 02-07-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Drove down to Calgary and had Matt from Fullblast Customs make up a bracket for my sPOD unit. There was no room for it otherwise due to the 5.3L V8 under the hood. The bracket mount screws down to that bracket near the alternator and under that slider that the battery strap is screwed onto. The battery is still a stocker from when the truck is new, which is pushing 5 years. So I wanted to bracket far enough away I can still strap down a larger group 34 battery when I get around to replacing the stock unit.

Went up north and visited my buddies place. I took my tent out of storage, and toss it back on the truck. Also had to rework the rotopax mount but it's on the truck properly. Also wired in my light bar to the sPOD system and gave it a whirl. Finally I also installed some larger mudflaps I had laying around on the back of the truck.

Last edited by Clutch; 02-26-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Mounted my 48" Hi-lift onto the bed rack

Some pictures from the last few weeks.

Last edited by Clutch; 03-21-2017 at 05:01 PM.