Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: GMC Canyon Build

Installed the SFAN4500-V8 EFAN I bought online last weekend saturday. The fan clutch removal was a pain as I didn't have a proper wrench (no place had a 36mm in stock). So my buddy ended up grinding down his regular 36mm wrench, and we were just able to get it on the nut. Ended up taking off the belt and draining the coolant to make it easier. I topped the truck off with some Prestone yellow extend a life stuff (as no one in the small town carried dex cool). So I'm kinda tempted to just ditch dex cool completely when I do a proper flush of the system this weekend. It's a pain to find in a pinch but yellow prestone is everywhere. I also took the tent off and put it in storage for the winter.

Good looking truck. Superb photography.

OLC Member

its nice to see this rig evolve like the red one did
    ExpeditionNorth.com
    expeditionnorth.boards.net

I swapped my retrofits back in the truck as I had the bi-xenon mirrors wired up this time. When the headlights first arrived the guy forgot to wire the mirror in, and the mirror still doesn't activate. I'm using a hi-beam splitter but due to the 9005/9006 being separate I may need to do a dual hi/low mod on the truck. Hopefully that will activate the mirror.

I also swapped out the General Grabber AT2's for a set of four Duratrac tires. I really didn't like the AT2's at all, and they were just horrible in the winter. So I swapped tires a bit earlier then planned but the deal was right.

Looking good, but she is dirty.

I washed it last week, and with the cold weather the city is using minimal salt. I try and wash my vehicles 2/3 times a month, so next week sometime the truck will get a wash.

If you see my gmc right now you would laugh at my comment. I too like to wash a few times a month but with this cold snap I will be waiting.

Ended up swapping out my switchbacks for a set of amber sequential leds for my turn signals. Beyond that I was waiting for a good deal on a Factor 55 flat link and scored one. So it finally came in and I put it on the truck last night. My sPOD unit also came in but it doesn't quite fit in a nice spot, so I have to build a platform for it over my fuse box before I can install it. I also ordered in a set of white Rigid DSS - spot leds for my fenders but no one makes brackets, and I really don't like how they sit on my firestik cb mounts I ordered in, so I'm probably not going to bother installing them.

Test fitting some 305/60/18 BFG KM2's.