Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GMC Canyon Build

What made you switch? The v8

The V8 mostly, and the fact the rear end on the re truck was an AAM800, and I couldn't regear it lower then 4.10's. The truck needed 4.56's to be perfect. The white truck has an AAM860 rear end, so it has aftermarket options galore. Right now I'm running 3.42's and it still feels great with the V8 power.

Red truck is sold and off to BC with the new owner.

OLC Member

so whats the plan for the white rig now if you dont mind me asking (its aa1pr from gmc4x4)
    ExpeditionNorth.com
    expeditionnorth.boards.net

Not sure yet. Almost bought a 4" lift today, but decided to make a 6 hour round trip and buy a hardshell RTT instead.

OLC Member

Love the hardshells.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Some better (well fancier) pictures. I bought another set of front runner tent brackets this afternoon. Once they come in I'll be removing the thule bars I'm using right now and mounting the tent properly. Last thing I need to do is crack the fiberglass.

Looking good.

Went out for a quick overnighter as the weather is great, and I wanted to try out the tent. It worked perfectly. I really enjoyed it and slept like a log.

I had the truck street tuned, and it pulls much nicer. I also removed the Thule square bars/traverse 480 setup that secured the tent to the rack and installed some Front Runner tent brackets. Much better setup and eliminates the pressure points on the tent from the Thule bars. I also installed some sway bar quick disconnects for convience as getting the stock sway bars off is a annoying otherwise.

Also seeing how my torsion bars were cranked, and with the bumper + winch they dropped about an inch, I wanted to crank them back up a tad higher then before. In order to address the alignment issues that come with a high crank (2.5-3" over stock). I installed some small (aluminum) diff spacers (for the CV angles), and I flipped the ball joints and added a small spacer. Best way to explain it; the upper ball joint sits on top of the upper arm. I took the ball joint off, popped out the studs and flipped them around. I then added a small spacer on top of the ball joint and bolted the Bj it to the bottom of the arm. This eliminates any binding and allows for a better alignment. So I got another 2" out of the front end, and had no problems with the alignment. I'm currently sitting 25 1/2" hub to fender. I'm basically at the max (safe on my front end) height I can go before installing a sub frame lift. First couple pictures were taken when I was lower due to the bumper. Last shot is after the front end work was done, and the truck was aligned.