Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: GMC Canyon Build

Never was too bothered with tree's when I ran that height, the outer canvas is strong enough on these arbs. Tree branches do no damage when your just crawling along.

Sold the bumper the other day. Never was a fan of it as it was bought sight unseen and wasn't built very good. Going to throw the stock unit back on along with some PIAA LP570 lights I have laying around. Also I put on a set of 35x12.50R15 Wrangler MT/R's the other day.

This is basically the coolest Canyon I have ever seen. The Chev "CRAWLORADO" that BDS put together is on level with this for me because I much prefer your rack and tent.

OLC Member

I like those also. Here is a pic of a friend's girlfriend canyon. He sased it for her.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepGSD View Post
    This is basically the coolest Canyon I have ever seen. The Chev "CRAWLORADO" that BDS put together is on level with this for me because I much prefer your rack and tent.
    Thanks man, appreciate it.

All those SAS rigs are nice. Personally I would rather keep my truck insurable and get some money back in case of an accident. It'd be nicer to be able to stomp around more on the trails then I do now though; less breakage = more fun.

Anyways I put the stock bumper back on the truck. I also bolted on some PIAA LP570 driving lights I had laying around. I'm hoping I can wire them into the Rigid 20" harness I left in the truck. Splicing some wires and reusing the relay/fuse would be so much better then running wires into the cab again.

Right after I took this picture I ended up throwing all my bedding back into the RTT. I just need to pop the fridge back into the truck, and I'm ready to go camping with this truck.

Tent is sold. Just got the front runner bed kit to sell now. Beyond that, this truck is going to be up for sale next month, later end of June. Been busy with the replacement truck I bought in Sept. Got a V8 Colorado that's my been my daily for a few months now. Getting a bed rack installed this weekend and then I'm going to consider buying a hard shell tent this summer or next spring.

Might as well throw a small update in. Red truck is conditionally sold if the buyer shows up. Been busy modding the white truck. Small list of updates I did to the white truck since I bought it last September.

2" AAL in the back.
    2.5" TB crank to the front
    1.5" BL to help clear tires, sliders and winch box.
    Rock Road Super Sliders
    Superskidz skid plates
    Cowl hood, and deleted the hood prop rod and installed some hood struts
    SS long tube headers, custom 3" SS dual exhaust, ported throttle body, resonator delete and K&N air filter
    Locally built bed cage
    Front Runner Outffiters Slimline II rack that was made for a Land Rover LR3/4. I shortened it down, and bolted it to the bed cage.
    Line X bed liner.
    Cut the inner fender, and front mounts were trimmed back and welded to clear tires.
    TAG winch bumper I ordered for the red truck. Ended up cutting the mounts off, welded them on higher for the white truck. Also welded on some tabs for a light bar. Painted it with some grey zero rust, and then some white paint.
    Rigid 30" E series light bar with a set of Rigid DOT/SAE fogs
    Warn Zeon 8 Winch
    18x9 bronze Method Race Roost wheels and right now some cheapo General Grabber AT2's (275/65/18)

Stock picture from one year ago

Taken last sunday

OLC Member

Looking great.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I like the white one better. Nice work.

Thanks. Went for a drive to my dads for some sunday dinner, and the roads were crap. I am not a fan of these General AT2's at all. Debating whether I should throw on a set of Duratracs again. I can either go with 235/85/16 on my stock wheels or 255/70/18 on my 18's.