Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Ottawa Valley Overland Route

OLC Member

Did you do the entire route in one day or did you camp halfway on the trail?

Do you have a GPS track for this route?

Thanks for the help,

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Mykh View Post
    Full size ford expedition may push the limits to be pulled by a Jeep I would imagine (out of an awkward angle or mud area). But good news most of this route is basically rocky traversal assuming the washout halfway has been fixed up

Edit: Just fyi I've done this route last year twice in stock Canyon with good AT tires. This year only halfway due to the washout, as was solo at the time didn't want to risk it. Take your time through the pass and watch the spiky rocks from hitting the undercarriage, otherwise should be good (if washout still there don't try it alone just go back and enjoy the trail). Will be a good experience for your son to do some spotting for you, on the rocks too!

FYI folks, the washout has been fixed. We ran the route this weekend and found that the gap has been leveled and filled with stone. Looks like the municipality also filled in a lot of the rest of the trail as well with granite/sand so it's been tamed down for sure.

OLC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mykh View Post
    FYI folks, the washout has been fixed. We ran the route this weekend and found that the gap has been leveled and filled with stone. Looks like the municipality also filled in a lot of the rest of the trail as well with granite/sand so it's been tamed down for sure.
    Hi,

did you do the entire route and if so how long did it take you?

Meaning to do this next month and wondering how much time to budget.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acolic View Post
    Hi,

did you do the entire route and if so how long did it take you?

Meaning to do this next month and wondering how much time to budget.

Thanks
    I did the part highlighted green in the attached image. From Buckshot Lake Road east to Mountain Chute Station (Dam) then south to Granite Lake. Gaia says 2hr 42min of actual driving at an average speed of 21 km/h. Really it was more like sections of 30 km/h, 50 km/h and a couple slow crawl.

Note at the beginning of the marked trail there off of Buckshot, there's about 100 feet of water to traverse, I walked it first and it's shallow (below doors) for the most part except 1 dip at the very beginning, that was almost up to my headlights, stick to the far right next to the logs and you'll be through it in a second. Other than that 1 spot, the trail doesn't have anything that would surprise damage you in any way.

Administrator

Thanks for the update
    Canada's Source For Overland Routes

www.GravelTravel.ca