Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overland Trips, Plans and Dreams

Default Overland Trips, Plans and Dreams

Spring is coming fast to the south coast, warming me up to some hoped for road trips. The price of fuel is looking pretty good too. No guarantees but we're hoping to visit QCI and the Arctic Circle this summer, both long time, wished for destinations.

Anyone else have plans or dream trips they'd like to share ?

Our summer plans are to visit the island a few times this summer. Head north and west from Nanaimo to scout future living arrangements? Maybe do the tourist thing down to Victoria and what not. Westfalia is coming along great, another Westfalia has been offered to me and who knows maybe that will happen.

looking at doing the yukon trip even if it is just on the hwy and also doing so island trips
    Welcome to Cooter's Garage

VA7HLG

[QUOTE=Jeremy"remember kids mud kills your cooling system and everything else.......just say no". [/QUOTE]

We are headed to the Yukon. Planned for the last three weeks of Aug. Not much offroading planned but some backroads are. Not sure of where yet as a map is in route to me. Camping, fishing and some easy hiking is planned.
    Last edited by binrat; 02-23-2016 at 11:04 AM. Reason: fat fingers

Heading to Tofino in June, probably in the Forester but we are excited to see some new ground west of Port Alberni..

Alexander Mackenzie trail, hand out at the in laws cabin on sproat lake just out side of port albernie. Possibly squeeze in another poison mt trip.

Hopefully a cross canada roady, mostly highway, maybe some offroad trails along the way, just gonna be me and my dog so try not to get too hair with one vehicle haha. Love to do the dempster to inuvik as well.

Our big trip this year is 20 days down to and around Colorado to explore the state and mountains etc. Depending on time we may do a bit of exploring in Death Valley on the way home. Smaller 10 day trips to the Rockies and the Alberta foothills areas as well

OLC Member

I was hoping to start a Pan Am Hwy trip this year but looks like it could be delayed until next spring, all depend when I can get the house sold and my ducks in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post
    I was hoping to start a Pan Am Hwy trip this year but looks like it could be delayed until next spring, all depend when I can get the house sold and my ducks in a row

Oh man, thoses ducks are always a pain to align!! Hope you mannage to round them up!

Always fun to know someone doing this road!!