Thread: 2016 NW Overland Rally

Default 2016 NW Overland Rally

Didn't see a thread yet so I thought I'd start one.

For details:

http://www.nwoverlandrally.com/home.html

Registration is not open yet. I've never been to one and have heard many pro's and con's, however this year's schedule lines up with my vacation so we're loading up the truck and trailer, plus bikes and kiddo and heading down. May only attend on day passes rather than the full camping experience... We spent a few days in leavenworth last year and it was awesome for family and outdoor stuff.

Anyone else thinking of heading down from BC/ALTA? It's June 23-26 in Plain WA.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been pretty swamped since getting back from our big overland trip.

The Rally this year should be a lot of fun, we have taken away the motorbikes, they are in a different field in the same valley, so it will be a bit less crowded, and a little more family-friendly I think. Lots of new vendors, and some fun speakers coming.

I think the coolest bit is that we have moved the technical course. We're building a semi-permanent course in the trees, so it will give us more interesting obstacles for training, and also provide shade and shelter for classes and demonstrations.

Feel free to post questions. I know there are a lot of folks heading down from BC, AB, and i think even a few from Sask. We will be driving down from BC at the beginning of the week for setup, otherwise we would convoy down with everyone.

Cheers

Ray

Yep pretty excited. We ended up getting the whole family pass and have been prepping for the past few days here. It felt great to take the trailer out of the shop and hook it up to the Toyota again. The schedule looks great and we just pre-registered for one of the trail runs. My wife got really excited looking at the classes and we're bringing the bicycles to ride around on and the bicycle trailer for our toddler. Even the forecast looks good, warm but not too hot. W00t