Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TJ simple suspension lift

OLC Member

Default TJ simple suspension lift

Hello all,

I am looking to get rid of the slight rake in my TJs suspension from the 2" budget boost I am currently running. The back height is fine for my needs and I have yet to rub the fenders or anything. Having plans to continue to run 33x10.50s I would like to increase the front lift slightly but mostly for a level appearance. I am thinking of trying to run a 3" lift coil up front to replace the stock springs and coil spacers, I have concerns about requiring a motor mount lift or longer shocks for this slight modification and would love to hear any advise or suggestions anyone can give.

Thanks

Ok, I have a LJ and run a metal cloak progressive 3 1/2" front and back with bilstein 5100.

only thing I did beside spring and shock up front was a simple front bracket redrill relocation by about 1" at the axle.

rear was a trackbar relocation bracket, but The LJ is longer in the back.

but I do not see any need for motor mount for the front.

OLC Member

I had looked at going with a longer spring up front, the rear height is more than sufficient for my rig as the lift is nearly 2.5" in the back. The front is on stock coils with the 2" spacer pucks so it is probably sagging with the weight of my bumper, winch and add ons.
    I am thinking maybe tossing a set of HD 2.5"-3" springs up front would better level it out. And then cut down the spacer if it needs more height.

I am just worried that my shocks meant for the 2" kit will be too short or any issues with brake line length ect.

Did you only add longer springs and shocks for your lift? (aside from bracket replication)

Stock and 3 1/2"

Why do you have a lift out back and spacers up front. Spacers on worn out stock spring are not even a band aid. Go with lift spring same as rear and as soon as you load the rear, it will compensate for weight of bumper and winch.

I have the stock brake line with my metalcloak dual rate and quick diso, and never had problems. Was ready to change them, had stainless on the YJ to switch, but was ok at full drop for installation of the spring. Did not have spring compressor so had to drop the diff way down and brake line were ok.

as for the shocks, they will be to short. Do it wright, do it once.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lucky j; 02-15-2016 at 06:49 PM.

OLC Member

Thanks!

The rear is a budget boost as well, stock springs back there but I replaced the rusted out stockers when I bought the jeep so they haven't sagged out yet. Both have longer shocks to compensate for the 2" BB lift, I have been told by 4wheelparts that 2.5' - 3" springs wouldn't need longer shocks but adjusted bump stops. i would hate to have to replace the mono tube shocks for only a 1" lift. Dual rate or progressive springs seems like the way to go for the short little wheel base. I never disconnect the rear sway bars so the spacers should be fine I would imagine.

Just trying to keep my builds on the low $$ so the wife doesn't become my ex wife haha

I do not have rear sway bar anymore. Only the quick in front. Tarck bar braquet rear only.

About your shocks, try them, you will see.

I'm not sure I understand, you have oem and spacers in front or budget boost springs?

OLC Member

Rubi express BB spacers on OEM, sorry its a habit from the jeep forums. Do you find that the rear rolls on the highway at all?

Nope!

do not know if you ever notice, but the rear link are made of plastic. So I understand that as pulling, they will not strech to much, but compression is probably a joke. And btw, also the rear track bar is probably as big as my pinky finger.

but I got to confess that my previous jeep, my YJ was lifted by 6", 4,5" suspension, 1,5" reverse shackle front with a boggy leaf and a revolver shackle in the back w/o any track bar or sway bar front and rear.

OLC Member

I haven't really taken a look at the links back there, thats quite funny that they would be so small.
    I ordered a set of 3" progressive springs today, I will probably fabricate my own quick release front sway bar links just for the sake of having something to work on. I will try the shocks I am running now, and start saving my allowance for a set of shocks later in the spring.

How your Jeep workout?