Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ordering JDM Diesels?

OLC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post
    Why not use the Ranger as your daily driver and mod the Taco as there are much more option with that direction.
    Tacoma is alot more complicated to work on, more expensive and feels too big sometimes. The ranger would be cheaper to work on and maintain which means more money for trips. Even if I did a diesel conversion to the Ranger it would still be the cheaper option for a long term vehicle. My goal is to continue to do trips with the Tacoma until the ranger is complete, then trade the tacoma in for something a little more economical on gas for commuting to work. Camry or Corolla maybe.

Its sort of a master plan type direction. The ranger only gets a couple mpg more than the Tacoma and with a 5L in there it'll get basically the same mpg.

Smoke, I don't know anything about the subject but ... I say go 5L if it's easier and because you can weld put your effort and creativity into the deck/camper which you'll really appreciate when you're camping.

Use to be a diesel ranger available. But probably a few years before yours, and even more good luck finding one. Not sure if it was turboed.

The shop where I was working ad one as service truck.

OLC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky j View Post
    Use to be a diesel ranger available. But probably a few years before yours, and even more good luck finding one. Not sure if it was turboed.

The shop where I was working ad one as service truck.
    Yeah I know, they're super rare and very valuable, it would be a sin to dismantle it for mine lol

What about a readily available north America diesel? My thoughts have always been that if I were to swap in a diesel to a ranger, bronco, or other smallish rig I would look into a Mercedes 5 cylinder out of a Sprinter. Been around long enough to have parts and we know they are reliable, enough low end torque to move a 1 ton chassis full of junk, so with the right gearing you would have a great all round setup.
    Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

OLC Member

Go 5.0L, readily available and easy on parts and service, also its Ford.