Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tacoma leaf springs?

OLC Member

Default Tacoma leaf springs?

So today I went out on a little tour locally here to test out some tracks for graveltravel and when I got back I performed my usual inspection and I found this:

So now the question, other than ARB Canada for OME leafs, anyone else sell good quality leafs? I'm concerned about OME because from rockyroad I see 1.75" lift springs and I actually don't want any lift as I've got a set of bilstein 5100s brand new last summer that are 0-1.5" lift. Last thing I want to do is overextend my shocks and destroy them.

Just hit up your local spring shop.

Hmm...Wasn't there some kind of recall on Taco springs?

OLC Member

There was yeah, but I'm WAY outside of warranty now and I doubt they'll cover it. I'm going to the dealer monday anyway so I'll ask them, fingers crossed. I didn't want to get no-name springs simply because of how harsh we are on our trucks.

OLC Member

Ive been poking around and cant even find a leaf spring shop. Maybe im crazy

That is crazy. Quick search all I get is Malmberg, maybe call and ask about light truck. Or search another truck and trailer repair (commercial) and ask them for light truck referral.

??

OLC Member

Sounds like I'll be waiting until Monday. Oh well I'll ask for help/referral from the dealer on Monday when I bring it in for the ridiculous frame rott warranty work. I'm getting really tired of these design flaws in a vehicle that people often have a massive hard on for.

I called the dealer since I'm going in Monday for the frame recall anyway and the parts manager is going to try to get me new leaf springs under warranty and have it all done before I pick up the truck on Friday anyway.
    Last edited by Smoke; 07-11-2015 at 07:12 AM.

OLC Member

I ran icon rear leaf expansion pack on my tundra with great results. Toyota narrow leafs don't hold up well but icons pack handled well with small lift and stock payload capacity.

Ya before you put any money into that check with the dealer on whether it was a recall or not, they don't expire like your regular warranty. Hopefully they get it all sorted out quickly, we used to have center leafs break all the time at GM and also replaced a few other leaf packs on Pathfinders and such.

OLC Member

Well there IS a recall for 2005-2011 Tacomas, however the dealer doesn't see it listed on the truck so the manager is looking into it for me and will let me know when I bring the truck in Monday.

Ya recalls are all dealt out VIN specific so you might not fall into the build date but see what happens. Good luck!