Thread: gustasphen lake camping trip

Default gustasphen lake camping trip

This year for may long we made the trek up to 100 mile, to gustasphen lake. what a sweet spot. caught some fish and had a good time. heres the pictures!

thats all i got for the weekend[cheers]

Just saw this now... dunno how I missed it. Gotta love those baby carriers and those costco cinnamon buns!

I had to look up exactly where this lake was and found an interesting wikipedia article about the Gustafsen Lake Standoff in 1995... cool stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustafsen_Lake_Standoff

Quote Originally Posted by JaredC View Post
    Just saw this now... dunno how I missed it. Gotta love those baby carriers and those costco cinnamon buns!

I had to look up exactly where this lake was and found an interesting wikipedia article about the Gustafsen Lake Standoff in 1995... cool stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustafsen_Lake_Standoff
    I totally eyed up those cinnamon buns too!

Looks like it was a very fun trip

I too missed this post, maybe because its not in "trip reports and planning"

Looks like a nice spot and a great trip!

If thats you in the first picture I commend you on your grasp of internet reporting at such an early age

I see that someone was fly fishing, cronny or trolling? Did you catch anything? Is it a good spot? And does that lake get busy in the summer?

I do remember that standoff that occurred, especially this picture that was all over the place:

Thanks for posting.

That is Lazagne and Cloutier. That hapen many years ago, but was talked of just few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ssrig55 View Post
    I too missed this post, maybe because its not in "trip reports and planning"

Looks like a nice spot and a great trip!

If thats you in the first picture I commend you on your grasp of internet reporting at such an early age

I see that someone was fly fishing, cronny or trolling? Did you catch anything? Is it a good spot? And does that lake get busy in the summer?

I do remember that standoff that occurred, especially this picture that was all over the place:

Thanks for posting.

^ Québécois who remembers.

I like this line from the wiki link Jared posted re Gustasphen:

The RCMP operation would end up being the most costly of its kind in Canadian history having involved 400 police officers and support from the Canadian Military...<snip>... and cost $5.5 million.

Granted, the statement is ill defined but the writer seems to have forgotten the Mohawks of 5 years earlier and one might suggest, the Plains Indians of 100 years before that.
    Last edited by klahanie; 07-17-2015 at 12:53 PM. Reason: edit everything

lol i too forgot i had posted this up. yeah its an awesome spot, lots of fish. almost every cast and thats no bs. Not sure what its like in the summer though.

Cant really trust wikipedia though anyways, but it can be interesting. Wjustin ive been through that area once and am heading back in a few weeks, may just stop at your lake to camp

Quote Originally Posted by JaredC View Post
    Cant really trust wikipedia though anyways, but it can be interesting. Wjustin ive been through that area once and am heading back in a few weeks, may just stop at your lake to camp
    not my lake its an awesome little spot. i recommend it.

yeah that stand off was in the field before the spot where we were camped. very cool area up there.