Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new camping set up

Default new camping set up

well this weekend i pulled the trigger on a nice little 15ft prowler travel trailer. when we go out camping with the old lady and the new kiddo it will be much more enjoyable for them, was a deal i couldnt pass up, and finding these smaller trailers are stupid, they go so fast. heres some pics

other then the fuel mileage going right for a ****, the taco tows it pretty damn good.

Nice! What's the weight? Welcome to the RV world, there are just as many forums for them!
    Now get to ebay and switch over your bulbs to LEDs, I just ordered a second set for my inlaws, $35 and never worry about leaving a light on again..

We have a 19ft Hideout (4000lbs), and the Brother-in-law has a 18ft Creekside (3800lbs).. We both have TRD Sports..
    Both of us use equalizer hitches and I use a friction sway bar on mine. Grab a tekonsha brake controller and your all set.
    Oh and these mirrors kick ass; http://www.costco.ca/Grand-Aero-Towi...100033995.html

Watch those tires too, my parents have a little 5th wheel with one axle and ended up swapping over to LT tires after they had a blow out on the highway with the stockers, it was a change-you-pants situation for sure.

It's around 2500-2800 fully loaded. I have the stabilizer bars as well. It's also got led lighs too lol. It's got brand new tires, but I've been looking at getting some beefier ones.

The nice thing about singles is you can flip the axle and get some more clearance, ours would be a nightmare on anything other than smooth gravel..

funny that you say that, its already sprung over.

We'll see you around the campsites

Looking good Justin.

Rock'n Roll guys !!!

Nice thanks guys, how does your toe vicali? And have you done anything to the rear suspension? To fight the ass squat. I have the bilstien 5100 levelling kit and haven't touched the rear but I'm thinking an ad a leaf or a 1" block and matching 5100's
    Last edited by wjustin; 04-07-2015 at 02:48 PM.

OLC Member

We have been looking at this type of camper also. For 15 feet for example, thats a lot of weight to me. I am still searching. In the meantime, we have this. 1400 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wjustin View Post
    how does your toe vicali?
    Last summer was our first with it, we did fine, I'm used to driving a Westfalia so the slow lane isn't anything new. I also put in a Scangauge to watch my ATF and coolant temps. 4th gear and 3rd to pull hills kills the mileage but it's an adventure right? I'm able to keep it at 100kmph easy - although I won't be flying up the Coq or Rogers pass in the left lane..

As for suspension I have the original 3 leaf kit with 150K, lol.. this summer should be different as I'm in for a frame replacement plus the 4 leaf springs. I've still got plans for either Ride-rites or the HD Dakar kit in the future, I daily drive with the canopy and recovery gear plus toolbox so it will be put to good use.