Thread: Backroader Magazine 2014/2015 is here!

OLC Member

Default Backroader Magazine 2014/2015 is here!

Hi everyone,
    Sorry for the delay in getting this out, there were several contributing factors but it's finally done and looking awesome!
    We'll be mailing it out to members next week, if you're not up to date or are not a member hurry up and sign up to get your very own shiny copy!
    Thanks!

OLC Member

ok, the real life one looks way better than the crappy phone pic

OLC Member

Love to see it.

Ok, ,member of what to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by fantom View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry for the delay in getting this out, there were several contributing factors but it's finally done and looking awesome!
    We'll be mailing it out to members next week, if you're not up to date or are not a member hurry up and sign up to get your very own shiny copy!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky j View Post
    Ok, ,member of what to get it?
    Four Wheel Drive Association of BC.

http://www.4wdabc.ca/

OLC Member

Unless you just want the magazine, which is sold for $7.00 plus shipping (which has gone up again) so about $10. For $20 you can be a member and support a good cause and get it in the mail automatically ....and some cool stickers.

Thank you for the information! If I would have been in BC, I would have gone for the full deal, but been in Quebec, I will simply say thank you for the 4x4 comunity of BC. Hope to visit soon!

Unless you just want the magazine, which is sold for $7.00 plus shipping (which has gone up again) so about $10. For $20 you can be a member and support a good cause and get it in the mail automatically ....and some cool stickers.

OLC Member

You are always welcome to come, but as a fair warning, if you do, you might not want to go back

You are always welcome to come, but as a fair warning, if you do, you might not want to go back
    I know, I did ride my Honda 87 TA in 1990 to go to Douglas College for 6 weeks, and ad a chance to drive around to Whislter and some hot springs about 1 1/2 hour north, and also got a chance to get on the Island to tofino ( a tourist classic). I really wish the rockies were just even a day away.

But it all become futur project now. When the my girl friend'kid reach college, it should give us more time do tackle that kind of project, since they have got go out to the cities for that here.

What type of article can be found in the mag?

OLC Member

The magazine focuses on two things. One is a bit of information about the association and the activities/projects accomplished since the last issue (trail building, camp site building, clean ups, etc). The other and the bigger part of the magazine is the stories from its members about trip they have taken. Primarily focusing on BC and exploring what it has to offer. Since it is about outdoor exploration we are not limited to 4x4 only, so anything that celebrates getting out there and enjoying the trails and wilderness.
    Also, I am always looking for more submissions, photos and stories. So if you have anything interesting, a story about a weekend out or a two week expedition, shoot me a PM and we can talk about how to get it into the pages of the magazine. It's actually very simple and if you have thought about it but might be shy or unsure, don't worry, we can work it out.