Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NW Overland Rally

Default 2015 NW Overland Rally

Hi Everyone! The NW Overland Rally (NWOR) is now an official vendor of OLC! We've had great respnse from OLC members in the past as we were getting established, but now that we are getting better known, it's time to ensure we are giving back!

If you are unfamiliar with the NW Overland Rally, it's the largest gathering of overlanders on the West Coast of North America, and it's a fun, family-friendly, low-cost event where all vehicles are welcome. 6 wheeled, 4 wheeled, 2 wheeled, even those without engines.

The Rally is held in Plain WA. It's a super cute little valley in the North Cascades, 15 minutes from Leavenworth WA (a full-on Bavarian village, I kid you not) 2 hrs from Seattle or 3 hrs from the BC border.

For 2015 we will have even more space, so we don't feel so crowded. We are expecting about 1000 attendees, half in four wheeled vehicles, and half on adventure bikes.

The dates are June 25-28 (Thursday Noon till Sunday Noon) 2015 which is the weekend just before Canada Day.

We already have some people making plans to drive or ride the WABDR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) to the Rally, or to take it home after the Rally. I think I may drive the Trans-America Trail (TAT) this year to North Carolina after the rally.

Put your hands up if you are coming, and feel free to make suggestions, ask questions, gather your trail-mates, and post pics of your truck/car/camp/dog etc. so we can all remember who is who. (I always forget names, but I usually remember the vehicle... )

I'll go first, I'm Ray, I am always there with my wife Marianne and our three boys, Liam, Seamus and Declan.

Normally we drive our ugly black 110.

(Pic via our friends at Desk_to_Glory)

but this year we may bring down the 1954 Series 1 Station Wagon that I am fixing up with my three kids. We plan to drive it back and forth across the US and Canada after the rally, then ship it to London and drive it to Singapore over the following 5 months. We should finihs the trip in early 2016. Just in time to get back to BC and plan the following years' rally.
    This pic shows what it looked like when we picked it up from fellow OLC member Landy Andy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I last posted on here, but just wanted to say that the GF and I are planning on making this event as well, we'll be leaving from Victoria either this setup:

Or this, depending on the stage of the rebuild of the trailer:

I like the paint job on the truck, that looks pretty cool. Reminds me of an Orca.

OLC Member

Looks like fun. A little far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by xkid View Post
    Looks like fun. A little far for me.
    We may have another one in PA in August. That would be a little bit closer for you.

After that we will be driving up to see my brother in Hamilton, and taking the Trans-Canada home.

OLC Member

I heard about that one. Where is home? Also, nice 110.

Quote Originally Posted by rayhyland View Post
    I like the paint job on the truck, that looks pretty cool. Reminds me of an Orca.
    Haha it took me a full year and a half before I realized that it's totally an Orca paint job!
    I just need to add the white dots that look like eyes and I'll be set

Me and the Wife are coming down. Came down last year for it, had a blast

gonna be rolling in my xterra

I am hoping to make it down for this. I might bring my son with me or go solo...still undecided.

Jeep XJ and an offroad ExPo style trailer/RTT setup.

Sounds like fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by xkid View Post
    I heard about that one. Where is home? Also, nice 110.
    Home for us is Chilliwack BC right now. Thanks, I bought the 110 when I was in Singapore and shipped it back.