Thread: Dinosaur Prov Park, AB

Default Dinosaur Prov Park, AB

Just wanted to put a word in for Dinosaur Provincial Park, located about 40 mins from hwy 1 near Brooks, AB. If you can spare 2-5 hrs it's worth a look. Park admission is free and there are 4-5 easy, short (1km) walks near the campground also for free, as well as guided tours of varying length and cost.

As for the camping it's full tilt provincial: large enough for the kids to cycle around, playground, amphitheater, concession, showers, laundry, "comfort camping", visitor centre theatre etc. Sounds like zoo-dom but it was quiet after 9pm, even heard a coyote early am. $23 for non electric.

This rattler crossed in front of the truck when we were doing our preregister drive thru (the campers and their dogs either side of the road were blissfully unaware, even while I was taking photos - guess I shoulda mentioned it !)

Magpies

Last edited by klahanie; 12-05-2015 at 12:16 AM.

That is a beautiful spot, been there a couple of times myself.

Nice pics.

I've been to Drumheller lots, but never down there. Not sure the Rattle snakes are going to help steer my camper that way. I have not seen a snake since I left Ontario 8 years ago