Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to find 10 Lbs TALL propane tanks in Ontario

Default Where to find 10 Lbs TALL propane tanks in Ontario

I need to find a pair of 10 Lbs propane tanks for the Overland Trailer. CTC only caries short fat ones, and they are double the cost of the 30 Lbs. regular ones! Has anyone had any luck finding these here? Thanks!!

I think I bought mine at CT but they called it an 11lb. Found this on CT online, shows "1" avail in Scarborough plus size in given in Product Q & A tab. Not saying the site is correct, just that it might be called something else.

Also you could ask at a service station that fill BBQ tanks, they may be able to order in a re certified one (cheaper) from their supplier.
    Last edited by klahanie; 04-30-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Well that was obnoxiously easy!

I was at my local CTC and they only had the short fat ones on the shelf. Their web shows 21 in stock of the 11 Lbs tall skinny ones! At $60 a piece it's a bit painful, but I've not found any refurbished and they seem hard to find........well for me, until now...

Thanks for Klahanie for the fast turn around time on that. For your next trick can you convince my wife we need to buy a Pinzgauer?

As a matter of fact, they are more expensive, and I think it is because they are not that popular. So production by the number and not the amount of material invovled. They are only a few pound more, and even if the fabrication process is probably the same, more than likely not fabricated on the same efficient production line. So price is higher. Bummer.

But I also got mine a CT last summer in Québec. But hey, It is CT so should be alvailable anywhere in the country!

With summer relly close, it should'nt be long before they are back.

Quote Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
    $75 each, no stock. 3-4 day delivery. Thanks for the lead!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are expensive as no one stocks them. low demand.

OLC Member

Have you tried costco or tsc? i believe TSC carrys them I could be wrong

Nope for Costco! In prov of QC anyway!

Every time I walk by that alley, I look in curiosity, but nada!

OLC Member

you can always check bass pro i doubt they have propane tanks but you end up buying something else lol i cant go there i spend to much money

I found them locally here in Victoria (Capital Iron if anyone is looking here) for $70 bucks, and full too. I am going to grab a second for those long trips and for running the fire ring during fire bans. Hard to find...Canadian Tire is reported to have them, and cheaper too, but not full and rare as hens teeth I think.