Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cargo Security Barrier

Well done!

Great ideas that I may copy some day.

That is a fantastic setup. I'm just in the planning stages of one for my land cruiser and I need to have it flip up and stay up if needed too. Yours truck lends it's self nicely to that with the almost square interior. Mine it's going to be a bit of a challenge.
    97 Lexus LX450

Coastal Cruisers
    4WDABC

VA7NQY

"The only thing that is more unsettling than catching your mechanic doing a crappy job is remembering that you are the mechanic.."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    That is a fantastic setup. I'm just in the planning stages of one for my land cruiser and I need to have it flip up and stay up if needed too. Yours truck lends it's self nicely to that with the almost square interior. Mine it's going to be a bit of a challenge.
    Hi Jeremy,
    Yes G-wagens are looking really square.But it still narrows down starting from windows towards roof. Onceyou made the openning area same width with your headliner, you shouldbe ok. Because it stays by headliner when it opens up. Im very sureyou will figure it out how to make it as you need.

I would like to share some feed back with this set up. I just finished my trip two days ago. I drove over 4K km up north in BC and AB. It was relaxing to know everything is organized back there. Nothing was on top of each other. When I wanted to reach things, It was possible in seconds without stress.
    I could hide cargo with my Blind in front of barrier. Because of weather conditions, I chose to avoid roof toptent. In a couple of minutes, I could move things from trunk, open to barrier and sleep inside.
    I could not ask anything to be different. Nothing rattled or gave me trouble at all. This set up seems to make sense for many reasons.
    Cheers.
    Motto

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by motto; 11-09-2014 at 11:31 AM.