Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Geocaching Trips

OLC Member

Awesome pics, looks like geocaching can bring you to some pretty sweet spots. I have had mine for over a year and still haven't used it. Actually, we did once in Goldstream Park with no luck though. I didn't have the premium membership so it didn't give much info about the cache.

just picked up both Caches' at the Hotsprings cove northwest of Tofino finnaly!

Quote Originally Posted by Junior83 View Post
    Sounds good! That would be cool to tag along with some others to do some geocaching up in the mountains!
    That's my goal here to possible get a few of us together and pick some fun destinations.

When I return from Sloquet this weekend I'll start a new thread for 2014 geo-trip planning, a few geocaching events coming up in Kamloops and Penticton that I'll be going to and camping out.

I am really looking forward to finding some of the caches on the hedley-nickleplate road. I will definitely keep my eyes on this new thread for the penticton events. It would be nice to meet some others up here that are into exploring and as my kids are getting older, they are finding geocaching and the exploring/history that it often involves more interesting and enjoyable.

I'm back from Sloquet but got busy tonight and tomorrow night I'll be out snowshoeing, I hope to find time Wed. Night to start the new thread. I'll post the link here when done.

2014 Caching trips thread has started here:

http://www.overlandcanada.com/forum/...5708#post35708

New year, new thread . . . . . . .

http://www.overlandcanada.com/forum/...0279#post40279

What happened to all my pics???

Default BC Gold County Tour

OK this might be kinda lame for the purists but I recently came across this "tour book" for part of Southern BC. Can download the two complete guides or flip thru individual entries. My interest is in the historical info and potential POIs for roadtrips rather than the geocaching part but just throwing it out there as another resource for anyone interested ...

... plus a thread bump never hurts
    Last edited by klahanie; 08-26-2016 at 06:48 AM. Reason: surmised ans re below

Thanks for the thread bump!

Gold Country has some great cache locations and some good written history. I myself have hidden a number of caches at historical locations and It kind of ticked me off when Gold Country Geo Tourism came in and hid their own near the same location. But whatever!

They also host some good events each year, the next one is Sept. Long weekend, which I'll be attending providing I get my steering gear rebuilt by then.

http://goldtrail.com/events.cfm

Cheers!

^ hmm that train ride sounds very cool. (yah, sold out). Might just have to get a gps one day . So, Jordy, with some of these caches is there a secret handshake kind of culture ?