Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2001 Cummins 5.9

New track bar installed tonight. The old one was pretty warn, sloppy ball joint on one end, and a worn out sloppy bushing on the other. I am going to upgrade to a better adjustable track bar eventually. I am pondering making one, just need to do a little research first.

Also ordered some new crystal clear headlights, can't wait for those to show up. The stock headlights suck really bad.

I wouldn't mind your opinion on the new headlights when they show up , my dad drives the same style truck and complains about the headlights all the time.

Will do. I am planning to put them in Friday evening. Have a fair bit of night driving to do next week. March Break!

Well lights are not going on until some time next week, shipper screwed up and sent them to Kentucky...doh One last trip with very little night vision

So now that I have my Iphone all set up with a lifeproof case (which I am very happy with, thanks OLC members for your input) I needed some way to mount it in the truck. Looked around at some ebay cases and some cheap ones at Best Buy. Decided to go with a Ram mount X grip. I got a suction cup mount, as well as a bolt down. I have yet to decide on its actual location but I have lots of options with the RAM mount. They are excellent quality, and not to expensive. And as luck would have it I work near GPS city's distribution for their web sales. Pretty much every thing made by RAM in stock. My original plan was to move it from truck to truck as needed, but the wife wants me to buy a second. ummm okee dokee.

With this phone I will actually be able to use it for more then just a phone. My secondary use will be navigation. I have looked around at a few different GPS programs that I can run on the Iphone. I bought the Motion X app At $1.99 did not think I could go to wrong. So far seems good. Its very easy to use. I have already downloaded a bunch of maps for out of cell range use. Many more to download yet. I will use it for both off road travel and hiking/ski touring.

How do you like that RAM mount? I have been looking at getting the same one.

I heard some people online say their phone rattled out of it?

I really like it. I actually bought another for the other truck. I used a small diamond screw down mount in the dodge, and the suction cup mount in the Toyota.

Holds the phone very solid

Last edited by uriedog; 03-30-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Ok the new headlights arrived on Wednesday but we were on our way to Golden for a few days so they had to wait until today. Install was very easy. I still have to adjust them. I found the up down adjustment, but don't really see how to adjust the side to side. If I can't figure it out I will just put some shims in behind the bolts.

Old lights

New Lights

They look good , how is the light output?

I have not had it out on the highway at night yet.

I will say the beam pattern is a little scattered, but still a huge improvement over stock

Over all I am happy with them

Oh also had a u-joint let go on the front drive shaft. Luckily we only needed the 4x4 a little over the last weekend, could have been worse.

A quick run the the parts store, $63, 2 hours of work and the drive shaft is all smooth again.

Well today weather was nice, but I am post op movement limited. After 24 hours of laying on the couch I had to get up and move so Air cleaner cleaning day. Have not cleaned it since the fall.

I cleaned the gigantic cone filter when I first got the truck as it was so dirty that the fuel pump was over fuelling the engine. You can see in the pic that the engine was actually sucking in the filter. The P.O. probably thought it was cool as it billowed black smoke at WOT. Little did he know it was probably limiting power.

When its nice and clean like this the truck sounds like a jet when I mat it.

Pic's