Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2001 Cummins 5.9

Default 2001 Cummins 5.9

Got me a new rig today!

2001 Dodge extended cab 4x4 Cummins 5.9L . Lots of HWY km's. Very clean, not much to do but some bigger tires,I think I'll put in a new lift pump, find a stock air intake and sell the the cold air intake that is on it.

Otherwise install my extra VHF radio, and prep some stuff for the truck camper to go on this winter. Runs like a top. heaps of gogo

Last edited by uriedog; 11-29-2014 at 07:52 AM.

Looks nice and clean. It should serve you well.

Sweet purchase!

well for now we are keeping the same camper, and the Toyota. I'll have to do some mods to the camper to make it fit the new rig. The plan is to roll in the Dodge by winter.

The Toyota will be staying as the mountain 4x4/ run around, I want to drive that thing until it roles over and dies. + the wife really likes it and won't let me sell it.

So far I really like the new Doge (never really liked the Dakota) there are a few things I need to do. Needs some new side mirrors, upgrade the track bar, and put some BFG AT's on before winter. I'm not really the biggest dodge guy. But I sure do like the Cummins!

I have a 99 CTD and love it. Basically the same truck. Mine carries my Alaskan camper very well, slightly over my GVW but it handles it well. I can get 23 mpg without the camper and 19+ with it, so no complaints from me.

The down side is parts replacement are expensive. I just found a crack in my exhaust manifold $300 after market Dodge type or $500 from BD + gaskets and labour. Its fairly straight forward so I will do it myself.
    Mine is not chipped they say it would get better fuel mileage but I like the reliability better.
    My truck will take me anywhere and bring me home It is the most reliable truck I have ever owned.
    Congratulations, you are going to love this thing I sure do.

Got allot of stuff done this weekend. Went to Pick N Pull got a bunch of little stuff. Then on the way home made a deal through Kijiji and picked up this brand new 33" BFG mounted on a rim for my spare $100.

The rear pinion seal was leaking a bit so I replaced it Saturday. The old one was really tough to get out, pretty sure it was the original.

Nice and fresh, and no more leaking!

This week I will get the trailer plug working, we will take it on the first out of town trip next weekend. Pulling the trailer down to Lower Kaninaskis.
    Last edited by uriedog; 11-29-2014 at 07:54 AM.

Looks like a dodge to me. Title says 2001 cummins. :P

Yep. 24 valve

Replaced and re wired the trailer plug tonight. Camping for the long weekend thought I better make sure it all works.

So today I installed a new antenna on the dodge, and moved my FT8800R to it. Then put the old FT1802 back in the Toyota. I would like to use the removable face plate option of the FT8800 but I can't decide on which truck needs the dual band more so I had to mount it with the bracket so I can easily swap back to the Toyota if needed.